Join one of the most exciting start-ups in Tampa Bay and work closely with company founders who have started very successful technology companies!
CoLabs is a software incubator that partners with industry leaders to build cloud-based solutions, using artificial intelligence and machine learning, tailored to specific industry challenges.
CoLabs is seeking a .NET Developer. The Developer is a CoLabs team member involved in many aspects of software product design, development and delivery from collaborating with other team members and stakeholders to determining the best solution for a technical challenge to ensuring successful product deployment. Our culture is our top priority. We have a hard-working team that loves to make a significant positive impact and has fun while doing it.
What you’ll be doing:
- Designing, developing, implementing, and releasing high quality software products using Scrum
- Applying the very best technical agile patterns and practices when building software products
- Collaborating frequently with CoLabs’ stakeholders and working to build software products that add the most value to their business
- Working under some supervision from an Architect, but will be expected to work independently on complex, non-routine tasks. You may interact with end users and other technical personnel to identify and correct issues.
- Maintaining continuous, open, consistent professional communication with stakeholders, peers and team members. Openly listen to others and confirm understanding to ensure everyone is on the same page.
- Proactively looking for ways to keep all time productive and using non-product time for personal training, internal projects and administrative tasks
- Working closely with team members on quality-related activities
- Leading and mentoring junior developers
How you’ll get the job done:
- Accountability for value in the work you perform and the service you provide
- Establish credibility by the sharing of knowledge related to your personal experiences and work with the team to maintain strong communication throughout each relationship
- Sticking to the game plan. If something gets committed, ensuring it gets done.
- Making it your job to know the product being delivered and how it will provide business value
- Something will always come up, and it’s better to play like you’re catching up than to play like you’ve already won
- Whether it’s when you need help or when you’re unsure of an outcome, when in doubt, call out
- When something is standing in your way of providing a successful solution, you have the authority to stop the assembly line until it gets resolved
- Stepping out of your comfort zone at times
- Taking pride in the work you have accomplished and showing it to the customer
- Avoiding the desire to take shortcuts at times instead maintain the consistency in how we approach solutions to ensure successful outcomes. Avoid the temptation to think that a difficult situation will be resolved simply by the passage of time and without the hard work of addressing root causes.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Minimum of 2–4 years of software development experience
- Deep understanding and experience with agile development practices, including unit testing and continuous integration
- Willingness to take on additional responsibility to ensure team success and quality solutions
- Team player that understands how your own work is important to the team’s success
- Ability to multitask across different products
- Become a partner and trusted advisor to stakeholders, advising on best-fit technologies and best practices
- Good knowledge of Scrum – if you don’t have this, you should possess a willingness to learn and adopt it quickly
- Familiarity with object serialization using JSON
- Database development skill using SQL Server
- Working knowledge of object oriented design, patterns and practices
- A deep understanding of the .NET Framework and .NET Core
- Experience with ASP.NET MVC Core
- Experience authoring APIs compliant to REST standards
- Experience with Entity Framework Core and Linq
- Windows server or Azure development
- Professionalism to include written and oral communication and the ability to communicate collaboratively in front of a whiteboard. An ability to understand your audience and adjust your communication style appropriately.
- Ability to learn business concepts quickly
- A caring attitude – care about what you do, who you do it with and how you’re going to be successful in the end
Great to Haves!
- Technically savvy, entrepreneurial spirit who thrives in environments that reward self-initiative and resourcefulness
- Non-complainer – everyone has something they’d rather not do
- Academic background in computer science
Benefits & Compensation:
· Open PTO – take as much as you need to maintain a proper work-life balance including six company-paid holidays, as well as the entire week of Christmas off, where the company closes so all colleagues can re-charge their batteries
· Office Space – all CoLabs employees work on fully-adjustable standing desks and ergonomic Herman Miller Aeron chairs
· The best medical benefits available that are 100% paid for by CoLabs for you and your children - you are only responsible for your spouse's medical premium
· Compensation – Competitive Salaries and 401(k) Match with vesting and no waiting period
· Company provided beverages and snacks
· Casual dress code
· Fun company outings
· Work from home and remotely (when applicable)
· Cell phone and home broadband allowance as appropriate