Polco is Hiring a Software Product Owner!
Polco is looking for a solutions-oriented, tech-savvy, experienced B2C Product Owner who wants to improve governance and politics. We’re looking for a tenacious problem solver who loves a challenge and is excited by the pace of ap. You’ll manage the day-to-day product needs of a cross-functional team to ultimately build software that raises people’s voices and gives them more political influence.
Who we are
Polco is dedicated to transforming how local governments, representatives, and community organizations interact with the communities they serve. We’re all about civic engagement and creatively bringing new and innovative technologies to the front lines of public governance. Our team comes from every walk of life and all corners of the political spectrum, but we’re all problem solvers at heart. Polco is designed to bring people closer together regardless of who they are, where they come from, or how they think. We appreciate and celebrate these differences among our team, too. After all, we’re building something that everyone needs to love, so a broad range of diverse perspectives is important. We don’t look for people with perfect resumes or who “fit the mold.” We look for people who can make our team better.
What you'll do
As a product owner at Polco, you'll jump right into the role, learning our product and collaborating with team members to deliver value to our users. In this role, you’ll work with a small cross-functional team and partner closely with engineers, product managers and designers to implement elegant but practical solutions to business and user challenges.
• You'll be an early team member, with the opportunity to have a major impact on our product, our culture, and the overall business
• Manage the day-to-day product needs of our engineering teams
• Collaborate with product managers to plan and execute on roadmap items that align with our business objectives
• Use your passion for technology and solving users’ problems to drive product execution
• Work with engineers to create stories in Jira and plan sprints
• Communicate team status, dependencies, and blockers to product managers
Who you are
• 1+ years of experience executing a product roadmap
• 1+ years of experience in an Agile environment
• Experience working within ap environment is a big plus
• Good at balancing details with big picture timing and impact
• Fearless and are comfortable with uncertainty. You have an acumen for turning complex problems into actionable plans
• Are self-driven and have strong communication skills
Why work with us?
• A significant chance to improve how government (and maybe even politics) works
• Remote-first work environment - our technology team spans all 4 US time zones
• The excitement of being with a rapidly growing tech company
• Competitive compensation and stock options
• Benefits package including dental, medical, vision coverage
• Flexible work hours and paid time off
• Home office setup stipend