Polco is Hiring a Software Product Designer!
Polco is looking to add an insightful, fearless, and creative software Product Designer who wants to improve governance and politics. We’re looking for a tenacious problem solver who loves a challenge and is excited by the pace of ap and the prospect of raising millions of people’s voices and giving them more political influence.
You’ll lead projects working with local government staff and residents to better provide actionable public opinion insights to help guide local government decisions.
This role has the potential to evolve into leading a design team.
Who we are
Polco is dedicated to transforming how local governments, representatives, and community organizations interact with the communities they serve. We’re all about civic engagement and creatively bringing new and innovative technologies to the front lines of public governance. Our team comes from every walk of life and all corners of the political spectrum, but we’re all problem solvers at heart.
What you'll do
As a designer at Polco, you'll jump right into the role, learning our product and collaborating with other teams to deliver value to our users. We're looking for someone to quickly become an instrumental member of the team and lead the charge on building out our experience for residents.
- Lead the UX and overall design and execute new features and products that could transform politics and give millions of people more political power.
- You'll be an early team member, with the opportunity to have a major impact on our product, our culture, and the overall business
- Conduct user interviews and dive into user session data to identify user pain points and areas of opportunity
- Work with a small cross-functional team and partner closely with engineering, product, and internal stakeholders to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges
- Be autonomous. You’ll take full ownership of your work, and take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
- Design feature flows, high-fidelity visuals, and interactive prototypes that adhere to WCAG 2.0 accessibility standards and ship quickly
Who you are
- You have 2+ years of experience designing B2B or B2B2C mobile software (web or mobile app)
- You have 4+ years of product design experience, ideally with a few years as a designer at a leading tech company
- You aren’t afraid to think big - we want to change the world and no idea is too outlandish
- Have proven design chops, shipped products, and understand what it takes to build valuable and meaningful user experiences.
- You’re good at balancing details with big picture timing and impact
- You have a user-focused design mentality. You care deeply about people and are constantly seeking to test and validate your ideas through user feedback and data. We want our app to be easy to use for everyone - bonus points for being knowledgeable about accessibility and minimizing friction.
- Showcase a portfolio that demonstrates excellence in UX/UI design.
- Are self-driven and have strong communication skills
Why work with us?
- A significant chance to improve how government and politics works
- Remote-first work environment - the product team is currently spread out in CA, CO, and WI with quarterly retreats to collaborate
- The excitement of being with a rapidly growing tech company
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Benefits package including dental, medical, vision coverage
- Flexible work hours and paid time off
- Home office setup stipend