Job Title: Coordinator, Distribution Marketing
Reports To: SVP Distribution Marketing
FLSA Status: Exempt
Who we are
UP Entertainment, home to UPtv, UP Faith & Family and AspireTV, is the destination for positive and authentic storytelling that is relevant to each network’s audience. UPtv, the trusted network for uplifting entertainment, offers exclusive premiere movies, uplifting theatricals and beloved series. UP Faith & Family, America’s favorite streaming service for families, gives instant access to the best in family and faith-friendly entertainment anytime, anywhere, and AspireTV is the leading network for Black and urban lifestyle programming.
The Coordinator, Distributor Marketing position supports the Distribution department with marketing activities, administrative duties, and execution of brand partnerships among the portfolio of video distributor accounts including traditional cable and satellite providers (MVPD’s), virtual MVPD’s, SVOD, FAST, AVOD and other emerging platforms and providers. This role is primary support to the team to grow the linear brands, UPtv, Aspire TV, our Subscription Video on Demand service, UP Faith & Family, and our Free Ad Supported TV services, Cine Romántico and AspireTV Life. This role allows someone passionate about entertainment marketing, video platforms and media trends, and building strong cross-department relationships with exceptional customer service acumen. Bring your passion, creativity, strong project management skills and curiosity! This is an exciting time to be at UP Entertainment. Come grow with us. You will be central to the team and key operational support and implement marketing activities to accomplish team goals, drive brand and content priorities, and support partnerships and promotion of UP Entertainment brands among our distribution partners. Creative insight, an eye for detail, strong organization, project management and communication skills are essential. As this position fully supports the distribution team, you will also be the owner of process and efficiencies, ensuring we execute key marketing initiatives and tactics in the most efficient way.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Partner with distribution team to execute marketing activities and campaign elements in support of distributor partnerships such as: promotions, events, marketing collateral, administrative functions and creative, premiums, sponsorships, etc.
- Manage request and delivery of creative assets, ensuring proper use of brand, content and messaging.
- Act as a distributor marketing liaison among our Distributer Clients (Affiliates) and Inter-Company departments.
- Create, update, and maintain database and marketing tracking documents.
- Download and disseminate requested reports from industry databases.
- Prepare and submit department creative requests (PSR)
- Maintain vendor relationships, source, and collect premiums/merchandise ideas and pricing and work with team on items that best represent our company.
- Keep abreast of video entertainment business, distributor platforms, consumer trends and new technologies.
- Ensure communications and creative assets are updated, in legal compliance and approved for external partner use (key art, presentations, logos, spots, trailers, etc.) in an organized, streamlined fashion.
- Interact with external distributor clients (affiliates) and agencies as directed.
- Create strong and succinct presentations, spreadsheets, reports and other documents.
- Develop monthly/quarterly brand overviews with key art, show descriptions, premiere dates, and content schedules.
- Prepare support materials for internal communications/meetings.
- Day-to-day support for Distribution Team
Front Office Responsibilities (1-2 days/wk) – Duties may include:
- Meet and greet visitors, contractors, prospective candidates and guests.
- Screen and route incoming calls from main UP Entertainment phone line.
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail/packages.
- Manage occasional Atlanta office meeting logistics.
- Work closely with distribution, marketing and creative services teams to prioritize exceptional marketing execution, adhering to timelines, deadlines and brand project plans.
- Maintain project management tools (Wrike, Central Asset Folders/Shared Drives)
- Execute/communicate enhancements.
- Develop project timelines to meet key deadlines and create cohesive messaging across stakeholder touch points.
- Occasional branded promotion and events planning and logistics for distributor clients.
- Manage special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) or equivalent from a four-year college or university, preferred.
- Minimum of 1-2 years industry marketing, administrative or related field highly preferred.
- Prior experience and knowledge of media industry and entertainment is a plus.
- Experience creating strong, engaging content.
- Experience with a content management system (e.g., WordPress).
- Experience managing social media channels (TikTok, IG, FB, Twitter).
- Strong knowledge of SEO and keyword research.
- Demonstrated excellence in writing, proofreading and editing.
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills.
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills.
- An analytical mind with a problem-solving attitude and a keen eye for detail.
- An understanding of SEO best practices.
- Excellent research, organizational and time-management skills.
- Strong listening and communication skills.
The company requires employees who come into our offices be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We will comply with applicable law regarding exemptions and/or accommodations to the vaccine requirement, such as religious or medical exemptions.
UP Entertainment Purpose & Brand Values
UP Entertainment’s Purpose
• • Uplift Someone: Inspire someone. Celebrate someone. Love someone.
UP Entertainment’s Core Values
• • Be Your Best: Our differences, experiences and passions are respected, celebrated, and supported at UP, because we are our most productive as our authentic selves. We always give our absolute best and pursue excellence by designing and planning for the results we want and delivering them. Our industry is ever-changing and so are we. We ask why, learn through innovation, and become better every single time. We go above and beyond to get the job done. Good is never enough. We are our BEST together.
• Be Uplifting: Being kind costs nothing. We uplift and inspire, making someone’s day and their life better by serving them well. We share knowledge and information and are committed to developing ourselves and others. We team up across boundaries and differences to win. At UP, success is shared. We say “us” and “we” not “I” and “me”. We are BETTER together.
• • Be a Buffalo: Like the buffalo, we run unified toward challenges and face them with determination and strength. Our industry is unpredictable and so are we. We work hard and are most resourceful and innovative when pressure is applied. We are confident and courageous, resolute, and strong. At UP, we welcome disruption. We are STRONGER together.