Job Title: Editor I
Reports to: Supervising Editor
FLSA Status: Exempt
Responsible for assembling recorded raw material into a finished product that's suitable for broadcasting. The material may include camera footage, dialogue, sound effects, graphics and special effects. Plays a key role in the post-production process and works closely with director/producer to achieve the desired end result.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Responsible for acting as a trusted contributor to the network throughout the entire project (Concept, production, editorial and final delivery)
· Uses editing, color correction, motion graphics and sound editing to enhance viewer’s experience of the content.
· Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency.
· Identifies and communicates staff training needs with Supervising Editor to enable consistent and continued growth for the department.
· Evaluates and selects scenes for dramatic and entertainment qualities and story continuity.
· Cuts video segments to specified lengths and reassembles them in sequences that create the desired impact and feel.
· Will be responsible for formatting on air content, must be familiar with various formats including but not limited to Quick Time, MP4, MXF.
· Implements solutions with excellent editorial judgment that requires little to no redirection.
· Incorporates new and innovative editing techniques.
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Broadcasting, Telecommunication or Mass Communications or equivalent from a four-year college; 1-3 years of editing experience in a post house and/or network setting. Proficiency in all, and in-depth specialization in most, technical concepts and related processes. Must possess a high level of technical expertise and attention to detail. Strong communication skills needed to work closely with producers, audio engineers, directors and other production personnel. Must be well-versed in the monitoring of video and audio signals for multi-platform distribution and quality control. Capable of training junior team members.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Proficiency in editing software packages including, but not limited to Adobe Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop.
Certificates and Licenses
No certifications needed.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The Company has a policy that requires employees who enter our offices be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Our policy is subject to and complies with applicable law. This is a hybrid job role, with a combination of telecommuting workdays and in-office workdays.