Job Title: Assistant Content Strategy and Acquisition
Reports to: SVP of Content Strategy and Acquisitions
Location: Atlanta - Hybrid
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
As a member of the Content Strategy, Acquisition and Development team, this position will be primarily focused to manage the day-to-day acquisition and development activities across all brands and platforms (UPtv, UP Faith & Family, Cine Romantico, Aspire/AspireTv Life and Gaither) and will be working closely with the Sr. Director for UP, the Sr. Director for Aspire, Director of Content Strategy & Streaming and the SVP of Content Strategy and Acquisition.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- · Manages the day-to-day acquisition and development administrative activities cross all brands and platforms the duties include, but not limited to:
o Maintains the pipeline of sourced content and submitted material by updating the relevant movies/series acquisition & pitch trackers to ensure that each one is being properly evaluated and prioritized. Also ensures that decisions or updates on content are properly communicated to partners/distributors in a timely fashion
o First pass content submission and review to assist in the identification of completed series/movies that have potential for acquisition and provide concise notes on any problem areas.
o First pass script review to assist in the identification of scripts that have potential for further development or acquisition and provide concise notes on any problem areas.
o Manages the repository of distributor lists to ensure they are current
o Primary point of contact to schedule conferences throughout the year including NATPE, AFM and MIP
o Manage schedules of team members including scheduling inter-departmental meetings, external partner meetings and will provide recap notes
o Must stay current on industry trends, news and competitive information
- · Assists the team members to finalize schedules across all networks including participating in strategy meetings, scheduling all episodes and movies, providing suggestions for stunts across the year and managing conversations with sales on scatter as needed. Includes offering scheduling recommendations for series and movies as well as identifying upcoming expirations and alerting department heads.
- · Assist with schedule input for UP, Aspire, Aspire Life, Cine Romantico, UP Faith & Family and Gaither.
- · Assist in the S&P process for UP, UP Faith & Family and Aspire including reviewing and rating episodes and movies.
- · Works with the Sr. Director of Content Strategy to provide appropriate content ratings for all upcoming programming on UP and UP Faith & Family.
- · Work with all members of Content Strategy to maintain all relevant documents, metadata and everyday department needs.
- · Maintain development documents for Aspire TV and work with Sr. Director of Content Strategy and to ensure production schedules, pitch documents and Aspire Studios development slate are in order and up to date
- · Maintain competitive case studies, best practices and relevant industry research for evolving trends, including emerging programming & distribution models. Maintain expertise and serve as point person on competitive set nets and streaming services – reporting noteworthy acquisitions and keeping the team informed on shifts in programming strategy.
- · Serve as a back-up for other departmental assistants as needed
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) or equivalent from four-year college or university. Ability to organize information into a concise, highly persuasive presentations; Media research experience a plus; Effective communication skills in both verbal and written form; Attention to detail, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines. Client service & customer support experience a plus
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and other relevant internet software. Serve as a back-up in any programming system utilized at UP (i.e. Wide Orbit) to pull ad hoc reports as requested.
This job currently has no supervisory responsibilities.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The company requires employees who come into our offices be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We will comply with applicable law regarding exemptions and/or accommodations to the vaccine requirement, such as religious or medical exemptions.
This is a hybrid job role, with a combination of telecommuting workdays and in-office workdays.