MANAGER or Director, BRAND mARKETING
(Title commensurate with experience)
Who We Are
UP Entertainment, home to UPtv, AspireTV and UP Faith & Family, is the destination for positive and authentic storytelling that is relevant to each network’s audience. UPtv, the trusted network for uplifting entertainment, offers exclusive premiere movies, uplifting theatricals and beloved series. AspireTV is the leading network for Black and urban lifestyle programming with a range of content including cooking shows, home & design, documentaries, sitcomcs, movies and HBCU culture inspired programs. UP Faith & Family, America’s favorite streaming service for families, gives instant access to the best in family and faith-friendly entertainment anytime.
Why Join Us
The position leads the marketing efforts for aspireTV and the aspireTV Life streaming FAST channel (FAST: Free Ad Supported TV Channel). This role allows someone passionate about entertainment marketing and building a community for brands to be at the center of a dynamic network that celebrates Black culture & urban lifestyle. Through our verticals of Live, Eat, Play and Dream, we explore a range of content and develop engaging campaigns to build awareness and drive tune-in. We are where culture, creativity, passion, and innovation meet.
The Manager/Director, Brand Marketing is responsible for working with the VP, Brand Marketing on the strategy, development and management of marketing initiatives including brand marketing, paid advertising, email marketing, trade presentations, promotional partnerships, synergy initiatives, sweepstakes & contests, experiential events, earned media and other projects that create awareness and engagement in support of our key business priorities. This role entails management of external media, creative, and promotional agencies, collaboration across multiple departments and budget management.
- Spearhead the strategy & development of marketing initiatives for aspireTV by developing innovative & impactful multi-platform campaigns (e.g., on-air, digital, social, radio/podcasts, experiential, events) that effectively reach our target audience to create awareness, drive viewership/subscriptions, engagement, build affinity and build out brand extensions.
- Ongoing relationship with the SVP, Multicultural Networks & Strategy to gain direction and insight on channel and brand initiatives.
- Responsible for cross-departmental alignment on brand goals from strategy development to communication roll out. Ensure KPIs are in alignment with broader company objectives.
- Manage the creative brief development process, identifying the strategy and providing key audience insights to ensure the development of impactful and effective messaging.
- Work with internal and external creative teams to develop best-in-class executions that strategically align with media vehicles & further our marketing goals.
- Develop partnership marketing initiatives to secure earned media impressions around key business priorities. Manage ideation, negotiation, campaign development, execution, and program evaluation.
- Create digital/social tactics in collaboration with the Digital Marketing team. Engage across the aspireTV platforms (website, email, social channels, app) as well as through paid digital media.
- Analyze performance of media campaigns and make optimizations on an ongoing basis to refine the audience, messaging, and tactics. Conduct A/B testing to inform most effective messaging.
- Work in conjunction with the research team to use data and analytics to understand the target, maximize ROI and inform future advertising and partnership strategy across multiple platforms.
- Work cross functionally with Distribution Marketing, Ad Sales, PR, Creative Services & Design, Operations, and Programming.
- Oversee marketing budget including monthly/annual planning and reporting.
· Bachelor's degree in marketing or related field highly preferred
- 5-7 years of marketing experience with prior television/entertainment content experience preferred.
- Proven ability to create high-impact, results-oriented consumer marketing campaigns with a focus on building brand awareness and driving measurable engagement.
- Experience managing agencies (ex: creative, media, social media, promotions).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly collaborative team player with experience working with cross functional teams.
- Solution oriented mindset with a drive to experiment and innovate.
- Ability to analyze ROI, manage budgets and oversee expenditures.
- Advanced proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Proficiency across digital disciplines including email, social media, SEM/SEO, influencer marketing and e-commerce.
The company requires employees who come into our offices be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We will comply with applicable law regarding exemptions and/or accommodations to the vaccine requirement, such as religious or medical exemptions.
This is a hybrid job role, with a combination of telecommuting workdays and in-office workdays.