Job Title: Rights & Clearances Manager (Paralegal Specialist)
Reports to: Senior Counsel
Location: Atlanta, GA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle processing and maintenance of contracts and correspondence related to a variety of matters including contracts for original and acquired programming and production, rights & clearances, content licensing, distribution, music, talent appearances, materials releases, sponsorship and marketing, and on-line and new media services.
- Organize and manage high volume of business and legal affairs files and paperwork related to contracts and rights & clearances matters, including maintaining electronic and paper files, processing of rights & clearances licenses and payments, corporate filings and registrations.
- Prepare and present summary reports and status updates.
- Maintain and manage data entry of rights & clearances database.
- Provide commercial clearance support, including reviewing advertising creative with objective, non-biased view, supporting network brands, interests, targeted viewers, and Sales Department.
- Provide support related to data privacy compliance, including verifying consumer requests to review and delete personal information.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience as a paralegal in a law firm and/or in-house. Knowledge of media and entertainment contracts, copyright/trademark/intellectual property, and music rights issues preferred.
- Experience supporting lawyers and high-level executives preferred.
- Must be well-organized, analytical, and detail-oriented, with the ability to multi-task in a service/client-oriented atmosphere.
- Must be willing to take ownership of projects, with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and balance multiple people and projects simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must have the ability to work with and maintain confidential information and must demonstrate sound judgment.
- Must be able to maintain composure and professionalism under pressure and under deadlines.
- Must be resolution-oriented, with creative problem-solving skills and an ability to troubleshoot in a fast-paced environment.
Certificates and Licenses
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proficient at Word and Excel. PowerPoint is a plus. Experience with Rights Management Database software, particularly Wide Orbit, is a plus.
This job has no direct reports
This is a hybrid role, with a combination of telecommuting workdays and in-office workdays.
The Company has a policy that requires employees who enter our offices be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Our policy is subject to and complies with applicable law.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal-employment principles and comply with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment opportunity laws and regulations. The terms and conditions of the application process and employment relationship are to be non-discriminatory—without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, military status, sexual orientation or any other protected category or class that may be applicable to you in the jurisdiction where you are employed. Moreover, in accordance with federal and applicable state and local law, we provide reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ sincerely held religious beliefs, practices or observances conflict with work requirements and for applicants and employees with known disabilities provided that such individuals are qualified to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without accommodation, and provided that any accommodations would not impose an undue hardship on the company or introduce a direct threat to the health and safety of the worksite employee with a disability or others. Any applicant or employee who requires a reasonable accommodation during the application process or to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a company manager, a company officer or TriNet to request such an accommodation.
For information on our company, visit www.uptv.com