Job Title: Data & Visualization Manager
Reports to: VP, Audience Strategy & Research
Location: Atlanta, GA
FLSA Status: Exempt
Who we are
UP Entertainment, home to UPtv, UP Faith & Family and AspireTV, is the destination for positive and authentic storytelling that is relevant to each network’s audience. UPtv, the trusted network for uplifting entertainment, offers exclusive premiere movies, uplifting theatricals and beloved series. UP Faith & Family, America’s favorite streaming service for families, gives instant access to the best in family and faith-friendly entertainment anytime, anywhere, and AspireTV is the leading network for Black and urban lifestyle programming.
What you will do
The Data & Visualization Manager is a key member of the Audience Insights team managing projects across UP Entertainment’s linear and digital platforms including cable networks, subscription video, and ad-supported video channels. The Data & Visualization Manager will translate data into clear and actionable insights using analytics, data visualization and storytelling. Responsibilities include creating and maintaining dashboards, along with other standard reporting with data from Nielsen, ComScore, and other proprietary sources. A critical part of this position will be using front end visualization tools such as PowerBI, Looker, or Tableau.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, build, deploy, and maintain reports and dashboards using front end visualization tools (e.g., PowerBI, Looker, Tableau).
- Preparing data for ingestion into visualization tools to create desired visualizations.
- Maintain research data systems and sources (e.g., Nielsen, ComScore, VIMEO OTT) with regular downloads and ingestions.
- Coordinate naming conventions and data fields across all UP Entertainment platforms & media brands.
- Maintain / create ongoing reports for Linear and Digital platforms using a variety of data sources and tools (including Nielsen, Comscore, Star Media, PowerBI).
- Manage Nielsen Content Link.
- Collaborate with Audience Insights Team on various ad hoc research projects.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A. or B.S.) from four-year College or University or equivalent experience.
- 5-7 years relevant work experience working with data, reporting insights, and managing projects.
- Experience creating visualizations using front end visualization tools like PowerBI, Looker, Tableau preferred.
- Experience with traditional media measurement tools (Nielsen, ComScore) and related research systems highly desirable.
- Experienced user of Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint and capable of producing professional quality documents and presentations.
- Must be able to use Pivot Tables, Excel analysis formulas (IF, VLOOKUP, COUNT, SUMIF, SUMPRODUCT, etc.) and formatting data, create and edit charts in Excel.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communicator.
- Excellent mathematical, logic/analytical, and presentation skills.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- TV/streaming entertainment enthusiast.
- Works well in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work and partner effectively via phone/web with remote team members in various locations and time zones.
- Ability to work effectively under tight deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize and manage long task list and deliver results on time.
Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Creative thinking is a must with ability to see and analyze programming trends. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have proficiency with the PC platform, MS PowerPoint, Word and Excel. Proficiency with PowerBI, Looker or other front end data visualization tool highly desirable.
- This is a hybrid job role, with a combination of telecommuting workdays and in-office workdays.
- The company requires employees who come into our offices be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We will comply with applicable law regarding exemptions and/or accommodations to the vaccine requirement, such as religious or medical exemptions.
For information on our company, visit www.uptv.com