Job Title: Account Manager, Multiplatform Distribution, CDM
Reports to: VP, Multiplatform Distribution & Strategy, CDM
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Atlanta, GA (Hybrid Remote + In Office)
Who we are
UP Entertainment, home to UPtv, UP Faith & Family and AspireTV, is the destination for positive and authentic storytelling that is relevant to each network’s audience. UPtv, the trusted network for uplifting entertainment, offers exclusive premiere movies, uplifting theatricals and beloved series. UP Faith & Family, America’s favorite streaming service for families, gives instant access to the best in family and faith-friendly entertainment anytime, anywhere, and AspireTV is the leading network for Black and urban lifestyle programming.
What you will do
Oversee and manage assigned portfolio of video distributor accounts at the corporate, divisional, regional and/or system levels including traditional cable and satellite providers (MVPDs), virtual MVPDs, SVOD, FAST, AVOD platforms and other emerging platforms/providers. Responsibilities include distribution sales to achieve revenue goals; network and content packaging, positioning, and promotion to drive awareness and viewership of brand portfolio including UPtv, Aspire TV, UP Faith & Family (SVOD), Cine Romantico (FAST) and Aspire TV Life (FAST, scheduled to launch 4Q21)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage assigned portfolio of video providers including, but not limited to, distribution sales, strategy, contract negotiation, account oversight and alignment with company goals
- Develop and maintain strong corporate, division/regional and system relationships with assigned accounts to enable strong account management to include corporate marketing initiatives, new technologies and platforms, development and presentation of all-network “roadshow” overviews, strategic brand partnerships/campaigns, event/promotion development and execution
- Achieve content distribution and marketing goals across account portfolio
- Maintain deep and wide knowledge of rapidly evolving video/media industry
- Internal and external expert on assigned accounts and brand portfolio
- Work across all assigned accounts to influence tactics to increase ratings and strengthen brand positioning for all brands
- Exceed performance measures across approved key performance indicators (KPI’s)
- Develop and execute marketing strategies that are aligned with network priorities to secure additional distribution
- Support CDM team through contract renewal process, and enhance and deepen relationships and marketing partnerships across portfolio
- Oversight and internal/external expert on video on demand platform across providers
- MVPD corporate event oversight, execution and attendance
- Accurate budget management (forecasting, analysis and spend)
- Potential in future for up to 30% travel as COVID19 situation and CDC guidelines dictate
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in communications, marketing, business or a related field preferred.
- Minimum of 2-5 years’ B2B sales and client relationship management experience; experience in cable television distribution or media industry a plus.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Should have a solid understanding of sales processes, business acumen, customer and client relationship management. Should be professional and self-motivated and effectively manage multiple tasks. Able to function well in an environment with fast deadlines, quick turnaround projects and spontaneous changes in priorities.
- Must have the ability to utilize time management skills and initiate follow up with external and internal clients to ensure timely achievement of commitments. Work as a self-starter to accomplish goals with minimum supervision. Must be organized in approach and execution of work with high attention to detail and accuracy. Demonstrate ability to work on a team and willingness to aid co-workers in other areas.
- Initiative & Innovative Thinking
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Project Management
- Ethics and Integrity
- Able to work well under pressure
- Team Player
- Client Service Focus
- Decision Making
- Interpersonal Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be extremely proficient in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
This is a hybrid job role, with a combination of telecommuting workdays and in-office workdays.
The Company has a policy that requires employees who enter our offices be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Our policy is subject to and complies with applicable law.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal-employment principles and comply with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment opportunity laws and regulations. The terms and conditions of the application process and employment relationship are to be non-discriminatory—without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, military status, sexual orientation or any other protected category or class that may be applicable to you in the jurisdiction where you are employed. Moreover, in accordance with federal and applicable state and local law, we provide reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ sincerely held religious beliefs, practices or observances conflict with work requirements and for applicants and employees with known disabilities provided that such individuals are qualified to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without accommodation, and provided that any accommodations would not impose an undue hardship on the company or introduce a direct threat to the health and safety of the worksite employee with a disability or others. Any applicant or employee who requires a reasonable accommodation during the application process or to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a company manager, a company officer or TriNet to request such an accommodation.
www.uptv.comFor information on our company, visit