Job Title: Marketing Director, AspireTV
Reports to: Vice President, Marketing
Location: Atlanta, GA
Who we are
UP Entertainment, home to UPtv, UP Faith & Family and AspireTV, is the destination for positive and authentic storytelling that is relevant to each network’s audience. UPtv, the trusted network for uplifting entertainment, offers exclusive premiere movies, uplifting theatricals and beloved series. UP Faith & Family, America’s favorite streaming service for families, gives instant access to the best in family and faith-friendly entertainment anytime, anywhere, and AspireTV is the leading network for Black and urban lifestyle programming.
Who you are
You are a hands-on, "roll-up-the-sleeves” kind of person who thrives in a fast-paced, team environment. You are extremely detailed oriented and an excellent multi-tasker. You work well in a team environment and are great at building relationships.
What you will do
The Marketing Director, AspireTV is responsible for working with the VP, Marketing on the strategy, development and management of marketing initiatives including paid advertising efforts, email marketing, trade presentations and marketing, promotional partnerships, synergy initiatives, sweepstakes and contests, experiential events, e-commerce, earned media and other projects that create awareness and engagement in support of our key business priorities. This role entails management of external media, creative, and promotional agencies, collaboration across multiple departments, budget management and supervision of the Coordinator, Marketing AspireTV.
- Spearhead the strategy & development of marketing initiatives for AspireTV, developing innovative & impactful multi-platform campaigns that effectively reach our target audience to create awareness, drive engagement, build affinity and build our brand extensions.
- Work with internal and external creative teams to develop best-in-class tactics that strategically align with media vehicles & further our marketing goals.
- Responsible for marketing across linear, AVOD, FAST brand properties.
- Manage the creative brief development process, identifying key strategic insights and writing strategic briefs to create impactful 360-degree campaigns & ensure cross-departmental alignment.
- Develop the overall communication strategy, supervising execution of multiple campaigns to drive acquisition, retention and re-acquisition for AspireTV properties, constantly optimizing and refining communications across the consumer lifecycle.
- Develop internal and external partnership marketing initiatives to secure earned media impressions around key business priorities. Manage ideation, negotiation, campaign development, execution and program evaluation.
- Conduct partner outreach across aspire genre categories such as Eat, Play, Live, Shop, Dream with the goal of developing organic partnerships that extend our franchises, drive business goals and build consumer affinity for our brands.
- Develop and own brand partnerships that are mutually beneficial, extend our reach and help position the aspire properties.
- Work in conjunction with the research team to use data and analytics to maximize ROI and inform future advertising and partnership strategy across multiple platforms.
- Ideate and implement A/B and multi-variant tests to inform email strategy around subject lines, send time, click-thru, cadence, drip campaigns, etc.
- Analyze KPIs on an ongoing basis and serve as key point of contact with our email service providers.
- Oversee marketing budget including monthly/annual planning and reporting.
- Work cross functionally with Content Distribution Marketing, Ad Sales, PR and Creative Services.
- Responsible for developing, communicating, monitoring and achieving team KPIs in alignment with broader company objectives.
- Directs the work of and ensures the ongoing training and development of direct reports.
Skills and experience you bring to the table
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or related field, or equivalent years of related experience.
- 7-10 years of marketing experience within the entertainment industry with prior television experience preferred.
- 3-5 years of management experience.
- Experience managing internal and external agencies and leading project management on complex initiatives.
- Proven ability to create high-impact, results-oriented consumer marketing campaigns with a focus on building brand awareness and driving business success.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Track record of building and maintaining strong industry relationships.
- Ability to analyze ROI, manage budgets and oversee expenditures.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly collaborative team player with a passion for marketing, innovation and creative excellence.
- Advanced proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, streaming services, OTT platforms.
- Advanced proficiency across digital disciplines including email, social media, SEM/SEO, influencer marketing and e-commerce.
- Experience working with a CMS and using Analytics and BI tools.
- Passionate about the AspireTV brand, Black culture, lifestyle and community.
- Solution oriented mindset with a drive to experiment and innovate.
- This role is eligible for a hybrid work schedule.
- The company requires employees who come into our offices be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We will comply with applicable law regarding exemptions and/or accommodations to the vaccine requirement, such as religious or medical exemptions.
- To apply, submit your application to Human Resources at https://app.trinethire.com/companies/183-up-tv-aspire-tv/jobs/48456-marketing-director-aspiretv
- For additional information on our company, visit www.uptv.com