Job Title: IT Network Administrator
Reports to: EVP, Production, Network Operations, & IT
Location: Atlanta (Candidates must reside in Atlanta/metro)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Who we are
UP Entertainment, home to UPtv, UP Faith & Family and AspireTV, is the destination for positive and authentic storytelling that is relevant to each network’s audience. UPtv, the trusted network for uplifting entertainment, offers exclusive premiere movies, uplifting theatricals and beloved series. UP Faith & Family is the leading streaming service for families who desire faith-friendly and inspiring entertainment for the whole family. It gives instant access to the best in family and faith-friendly entertainment anytime, anywhere, and AspireTV is the leading network for Black and urban lifestyle programming.
What you will do
Maintains technical environment by identifying network requirements; installing upgrades; monitoring network performance; overseeing server and web security.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide repairs, maintenance and upgrades for network servers, LAN/WAN equipment, workstations and printers.
- Responsible for software installation for all departments across different platforms.
- Establishes network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
- Establishes network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
- Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
- Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
- Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support.
- Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Meets financial requirements by submitting information for budgets; monitoring expenses.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
Server & Infrastructure Management
- Site Stability & Performance - Safeguard continuous operation of systems. Be accountable for systems’ security, reliability, performance, and availability. Act as primary contact for infrastructure and be on call to handle issues. Guarantee there are technical procedures, documentation and standard policies put in place and reviewed on a regular basis.
- Tech Research & Implementation – Research and implement new technologies relevant to maintaining Digital business goals. Be available to identify business opportunities and technology needs. Ensure proper adoption of new technology and removal of legacy systems such as upgrades to video delivery, improved metadata and evolution of CMAs.
- Tech Production Optimization – Constantly audit internal process for opportunities to optimize, research new tools to improve systems and process.
- Data Management - Establish and maintain best practices for gathering, storing and utilizing users’ information.
Digital Ad Operations
- Ad Systems Optimization – Create and refine systems used to serve ads to optimize traffic opportunities being careful not to conflict with buyer/client expectations.
- Development Partner Management - Develop and manage detailed project plans as necessary. Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors and coordinate internal resources for flawless execution of projects.
- Scope Management – Manage schedules & deliverables for projects, mitigating identified risks and ensuring timely development of deliverables by an agency or internal resources. Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques. Ensure that all assigned projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget measuring project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
What skills and experience you will bring to the table
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college/university.
- 3+ years of proven work experience in project management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking. Strong analytical skills required.
- Experience with IP data networking and troubleshooting. Understanding of the digital landscape especially as it applies to the media business.
- Ideal candidate has ad operations experience.
- Experience with entertainment industry a plus.
- Current hands-on experience in the configuration management and operation of Cisco switches is a plus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have thorough working knowledge of personal computers and servers. Have a working knowledge of Linux. Knowledge of Mac hardware and software is a plus. Must be proficient in DoubleClick, PowerPoint and Excel. Solid technical background with understanding and hands-on experience with web technologies including Internet ad serving services (e.g., OpenX, Orbit) and CMS (e.g., Drupal, WordPress). Understanding of modern digital design techniques and standards-based layout. A working knowledge of Information architecture/UI design and production environment is critical. Experience with WordPress or a Content Management system. JIRA or similar Kanban-based ticketing system.
Certificates and Licenses
PMP certification is a plus.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
For information on our company, visit www.uptv.com