Job Title: Editor II
Reports to: Supervising Editor
Location: Atlanta (Candidate must reside in or around Atlanta)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Who we are
UP Entertainment, home to UPtv, UP Faith & Family and AspireTV, is the destination for positive and authentic storytelling that is relevant to each network’s audience. UPtv, the trusted network for uplifting entertainment, offers exclusive premiere movies, uplifting theatricals and beloved series. UP Faith & Family is the leading streaming service for families who desire faith-friendly and inspiring entertainment for the whole family. It gives instant access to the best in family and faith-friendly entertainment anytime, anywhere, and AspireTV is the leading network for Black and urban lifestyle programming.
What you will do
- Responsible for assembling recorded raw material into a finished product that's suitable for broadcasting. The material may include camera footage, dialogue, sound effects, graphics and special effects. Plays a key role in the post-production process and works closely with director/producer to achieve the desired end result.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for acting as a trusted contributor to the network throughout the entire project (Concept, production, editorial and final delivery)
- Uses editing, color correction, motion graphics and sound editing to enhance viewer’s experience of the content.
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency.
- Identifies and communicates staff training needs with Supervising Editor to enable consistent and continued growth for the department.
- Evaluates and selects scenes for dramatic and entertainment qualities and story continuity.
- Cuts video segments to specified lengths and reassembles them in sequences that create the desired impact and feel.
- Implements solutions with excellent editorial judgment that requires little to no redirection.
- Incorporates new and innovative editing techniques
What skills and experience you will bring to the table
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Broadcasting, Telecommunication or Mass Communications or equivalent from a four-year college.
- 3-5 years of editing experience in a post house and/or network setting.
- Proficiency in all, and in-depth specialization in most, technical concepts and related processes.
- Must possess a high level of technical expertise and attention to detail. Strong communication skills needed to work closely with producers, audio engineers, directors and other production personnel.
- Must be well-versed in the monitoring of video and audio signals for multi-platform distribution and quality control. Capable of training junior team members.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Proficiency in editing software packages including, but not limited to Avid and Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop and Avid Media Composer.
Certificates and Licenses
No certifications needed.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.