The Customer Support Representative is responsible for providing customer service and support for subscribers of the UP Faith & Family Subscription Video-On-Demand (SVOD) service - ensuring customers receive the greatest experience possible. They are responsible for providing a high level of customer care that drives the strong customer satisfaction and retention that the service needs to sustain and accelerate growth. This role performs customer service, troubleshoots and identifies trends with customer issues, and works closely with the Customer Service Supervisor to improve the customer experience. Service for UP Faith & Family is currently provided primarily through written communication.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work as a valuable member of the customer service team to ensure that all subscriber questions and concerns are addressed within response times which meet or improve upon UP Faith and Family’s service level goals.
- Utilize written communication via ZenDesk to respond to, troubleshoot, and resolve customer issues submitted via multiple communication channels including in-app reviews, social media, and online contact forms.
- Ensure that customer interactions consistently convey the voice of the service and reflect UP Faith & Family’s brand values and communication strategy.
- Participate in daily review sessions to discuss trends with overall request volume, concentrations of issues with the platform, and the nature of customer comments on forums, in-app reviews, and social media.
- Use ZenDesk’s tagging and reporting features to help management uncover trends in volume, issues, and sentiment to help drive management decision making.
Skills required for success:
- A passion for serving others
- Great written communication skills.
- Ability to triage issues and clearly communicate solutions in a concise manner.
- Patience, tact, and the ability to adapt communication style to varying customer personalities and levels of familiarity with SVOD technology.
- Ability to perform calmly under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively with partners.
- A strong desire for continuous learning, especially around the key elements of the service including distributors, platforms, and content.
- A passion for the power of positive entertainment.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, or other relevant field, preferred.
- 1+ years of previous experience in a customer-facing role that utilizes text-based communication, ideally in media, digital MVPD(s) or OTT SVOD service(s), project management, e-commerce or retail.
- Sufficient familiarity with streaming services and technology/apps to be able to assist in troubleshooting. Issues requiring deep technical understanding will be escalated to a dedicated programming team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, and have worked with Zendesk or other customer support software. The ideal candidate will have experience with various (although not necessarily all) app platforms such as Apple iOS, Android, Amazon Fire, Xbox, Tizen, Apple TV, and Roku.
Other Essential Skills
Strong communication and organization skills - verbal, written, and presentation. Exceptional work ethic with the ability to work independently and collaboratively as a team. Ability to act proactively and drive resolution to problems as they arise. Ability to receive and appropriately act upon feedback. Strong attention to detail and the ability to balance multiple interactions is a necessity.
This job currently has no certification requirements.
This position is primarily remote with the expectation of coming into the office for company events, all staff meetings, and team check-ins. Position does require nights, weekends, and holidays.