Job Title: Data Engineer
Reports to: Sr. Director of Technology and Innovation
Location: Atlanta, GA
Who we are
UP Entertainment, home to UPtv, UP Faith & Family and AspireTV, is the destination for positive and authentic storytelling that is relevant to each network’s audience. UPtv, the trusted network for uplifting entertainment, offers exclusive premiere movies, uplifting theatricals and beloved series. UP Faith & Family, America’s favorite streaming service for families, gives instant access to the best in family and faith-friendly entertainment anytime, anywhere, and AspireTV is the leading network for Black and urban lifestyle programming.
Who you are
You are a hands-on, "roll-up-the-sleeves” kind of person who thrives in a fast-paced, team environment. You are extremely detailed oriented and an excellent multi-tasker. You work well in a team environment, are great at building relationships, and believe in the value of positive entertainment.
The Data Engineer will help UP Entertainment’s technology team maintain, improve, and extend the company’s marketing technology infrastructure. This position will work closely with fellow technologists, marketers, data scientists, and company management to help drive growth in UP’s streaming and TV platforms. The role will report to the Sr. Director of Technology and Innovation and will entail work on a diverse array of projects including ETL tasks, data analysis, data modeling, monitoring, quality assurance, automation, and reporting.
Specific duties are as follows:
· Collaborate with the Marketing and Audience Insights teams to connect and maintain data sources.
· Support data inquiries. analyze data and identify trends. Present insights.
· Monitor, maintain, and periodically troubleshoot data integrity issues that occur with the Marketing Technology Stack.
· Prototype new, innovative analytical solutions and work with a cross-functional team to move vetted solutions to production as needed.
· Work with a cross-functional Data Privacy Team to implement best practices for data quality, governance, integrity, and privacy.
· Work with Mar Tech Vendors on roadmap items, updates, and general maintenance.
· Create, edit and maintain ETL/ELTs to transform input datasets to desired output datasets.
· Connections often used include but are not limited to JSON, CSV, MySQL, APIs, and others.
· Administer data loading tools using Amazon AWS or Google Big Query
· Create documentation for and present processes, updates, and periodic reports to cross-functional teams and management.
What skills and experience you will bring to the table
· Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year university in Computer Science, Information Science or related technical field
· Proficiency in SQL query writing, creating database schemas, and data transformation.
· Proficiency in PHP and solid knowledge of object-oriented programming and design.
· Experience with cloud environments, specifically AWS/Google Cloud, is strongly preferred.
· Creating, editing, and managing APIs and Webhooks is strongly preferred.
· Experience with data analysis, ETL, and workflow automation is strongly preferred.
· Familiarity with Segment or similar CDP
· Solid knowledge of the Model, View, and Controller or MVP framework
· Experience in Python and other open-source programming languages is a plus.
· Experience with node.js preferred.
· Experience with content management systems (i.e., WordPress, Drupal) and web development is a plus.
· Experience with business intelligence tools (i.e., Looker, Tableau, Mode, etc.) is strongly preferred.
· A self-motivated personality with the organizational skills and a passion for working in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to learn and adapt to new software and technology
· Strong written and verbal communication and technical skills
· Responsible, dependable, quick learner
· Upbeat, fast-paced, energetic, team-oriented
For information on our company, visit www.uptv.com