You will work closely with UP Account Execs and Researchers to position UP & ASPIRE as a must buy for Agencies and Clients.
· You must be a well-rounded and experienced Ad Sales researcher – adept at using ratings, marketing analytics and custom data to create a complete and accurate picture of the UP viewer, warts-and-all.
· You must be a team player – collaborating with Sales Management, AEs, Planners and Assistants and Research Management to answer the RFP.
· And above all, you must be a strategic storyteller – able to sift through the ton of data available to you to find and present the most compelling stories that align with client objectives to help close the sale.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· 360 Data Analysis: use ratings and other syndicated data to fully understand UP’s competitive position and trends in the linear and digital marketplace.
· Industry Expertise: maintain in-depth knowledge of competitors and media landscape via trades and syndicated resources.
· Reporting: create, maintain and disseminate regular reports to Sales Management, Sales Staff and Network Management identifying competitive trends & opportunities and performance versus benchmarks.
· Sales Consultancy: use trend and marketplace knowledge to assist in development of ad sales leads, strategies and tactics.
· Sales Marketing: work with marketing and sales to develop optimal competitive positioning and materials for UP to secure ad business, including: sales presentations, tapes, collateral materials and one-sheets.
· Customization: work directly with individual sales reps to develop customized materials that speak directly to client-specific briefs.
· Forecasting: create and maintain upfront and scatter ratings estimates for use by Sales Planning, Finance and Management.
Skills & Knowledge:
· Thorough knowledge of Media Math, Nielsen and ComScore TVE methodologies and software systems: Adviews, Marketbreaks, N-Power, NCS/NBI, MRI Fusion, Star Media Multi-trak and Star Estimator, and Tableau.
· Thorough knowledge of MRI with experience in sifting through data to find a sales story.
· Experience in digital analytics including ComScore, Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Ooyala is a plus.
· Experience with Vision Critical (or other proprietary survey panel) in the design, fielding and analysis of custom surveys, focus groups and ethnographies is a plus.
· PowerPoint expert; CustomShow expertise is a plus.
· Experienced presenter of research data to both internal and external audiences.
Education & Experience
Associates or Bachelor's degree from a two- or four-year college or university; at least five years of media research experience, preferably ad sales research experience at a cable network.
· Works well as a researcher in a sales environment – understands and adapts to sales needs while maintaining research integrity
· Attention to detail, adept with math, statistics and logic
· Strategic: able to review large quantities of data and distill to concise, cogent and clear findings that help to achieve sales goals.
· Storyteller: strong presentation and written communication skills
· Ability to work long-distance via phone/webcam with Atlanta Team and Satellite offices
· Willing & able to travel periodically to Atlanta
· Able to work under tight deadlines
· Able to prioritize and manage long task list and deliver results on time
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Creative thinking is a must with ability to see and analyze programming trends. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have proficiency with Nielsen, MRI, Star Media and Comscore TVE/ODE. Additionally, MS PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
This job currently has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform other related duties as may be required by their supervisor. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.