About Us: Bunker Labs – a 501(c)(3) non-profit – is a national network of veteran and military spouse (milspouse) entrepreneurs dedicated to helping the military-connected community start and grow their own business. We are committed to seeing that every entrepreneur in the military-connected community has the network, tools, and resources they need to start their own business.
Our Vision: Empower the entrepreneurial dreams of the military-connected community
Our Mission: Ensure the military-connected community has the network, tools, and opportunities they need to start successful ventures. To close the ecosystem access gap for the military-connected community.
Role Description: The Chief Programs Officer (CPO) is responsible for overseeing the design, performance, and growth of Bunker Labs' three major programs and supporting initiatives. The Veterans in Residence program is for early-stage entrepreneurs, CEOcircle is for companies looking to scale, and the Ambassador program is a fellowship program for Bunker Labs community volunteers. The CPO is responsible for the design, execution, and measurements of these programs ensuring a “founders first” approach resonates throughout.
The CPO supervises three Directors (remotely distributed) who, with their staff, are responsible for executing the programs nationally. The CPO is also responsible for developing and maintaining a budget to design, execute, and evaluate the programs. The right candidate must be able to adapt in a fast-paced environment, eager for the challenge, willing to find creative solutions to achieve the right outcomes, and reflect the professionalism, ethics, humility, and culture of the team of military veterans and milspouses who are working for and with the Bunker Labs organization. The CPO reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
Primary Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- Directly oversee the performance and growth of the Bunker Labs programs
- Drive consistency in experience for all program participants
- Ensure all communities are building long-term stable relationships with ecosystem partners
- Oversee execution of nationally coordinated events to support the Veterans in Residence, CEOcircle, and Ambassador cohorts
- Identify and help coordinate relationships within local communities with resources, partnerships, affiliates, SMEs, etc. to help the community become a valuable hub for entrepreneurship
- Oversee the consistent implementation of performance tracking, reporting, and metrics capture systems to measure the impact of the programs
- Ensure capture and delivery of all grant requirements associated with programming
- Partner across the organization with other Leadership Team members, staff members, and contractors on initiatives and execution to ensure dependencies are understood and addressed
- Provide thought leadership, feedback, and support to Bunker Labs Leadership Team to drive continuous improvement of Bunker Labs programmatic initiatives and experiences
Qualifications for Role
- Strategic perspective
- Excellent leadership and management with the ability to develop high-performance teams in a geographically distributed environment
- Ability to set strategic objectives and translate to operational direction
- Exceptional analytical and written communication skills
- Ability to work with diverse stakeholders such as partner organizations, board of directors, local community leaders, the general public, and staff
- Financial management
Type of Experience:
- Demonstrated strategic leadership and management in a multi-layer organization
- Design, development, & execution of entrepreneurial programs
- Financial management and accounting, ideally in the non-profit sector, including legal, compliance, budget, and resource development
- Working knowledge of startup ecosystems, entrepreneurship, general business operations, accelerator, and mentorship programs
- Coaching and staff development
- Familiarity with veteran service organizations and/or entrepreneurship service organizations
- Remote/distributed workforce management a plus
- Highly motivated with some entrepreneurial accomplishments
- Military experience or military spouse a big plus
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree desired
Benefits of Working for Bunker Labs:
- Location agnostic
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Disability/Life Insurance
- Paid holidays
- Matching 401k
- Unlimited PTO
Salary Range: $115,000 to $125,000 annual.
Bunker Labs looks at compensation as a whole picture with salary being a piece of the overall compensation. Your individual salary will vary based on experience, education, and skills.
In order to be considered for this role, please fill out the Culture Index Survey by following the link below:
Chief Programs Officer Culture Index Survey