Bunker Labs 5 Core Values:
1. We love building this community – this is a passion bigger than Bunker Labs.
2. We get it done – with great results, extreme ownership, and a can-do attitude.
3. We work smart – paying attention to details, staying organized, and creating simplicity.
4. We seek to be fearlessly authentic – acknowledging what we don’t know, always curious and helpful, and focused on only launching programs and hosting events that we would be excited to attend ourselves.
5. We seek to be magnanimous & self-aware – assuming good intent, being reliable, and building relationships for the long term.
Bunker Labs Mission:
Ensure that every veteran entrepreneur has the network, tools, and opportunities they need to start their own business.
The Regional Executive Director will be responsible for ensuring the success of their Bunker Labs region by overseeing the performance and growth of the chapters within the region. They are also responsible for supporting headquarters by delivering best-in-class impact according to the Bunker Labs programming model. The Regional Executive Director will also be responsible for maintaining an accurate regional budget. The Regional Executive Director must be able to adapt in a fast-paced environment, eager for the challenge, willing to find creative solutions to achieve the right outcomes, and reflect the professionalism, ethics, humility, and culture of the team of military veterans who are working for and with the Bunker Labs organization. The Regional Executive Director reports directly to the Chief Operations Officer.
Primary Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Directly oversee all local chapters in order to achieve Bunker Labs’ operational priorities around chapters performance and growth
- Ensure all chapters within region maintain compliance with Bunker Labs’ operational standards, including programming and continuum of support model, partner engagement, communications, record keeping and reporting, and financial management
- Establish coherent expansion strategy and supervise launch of new chapters within region
- Coordinate relationships between local chapters and resources, partnerships, affiliates, SME’s, etc. that will help chapters become a valuable hub for entrepreneurship within the community
- Ensure adherence to regional budget and long-term financial strategies which will effectively and responsibly allocate resources in a manner consistent with Bunker Labs’ mission and strategic priorities
- Coordinate with development, experience, and marketing team to ensure the sponsorship, impact delivery, and messaging all cohesively align according to Bunker Labs’ mission and values
- Oversee the consistent implantation of performance tracking, reporting, and metrics capture systems to measure impact within the region
- Maintain a regional events calendar including Bunker Brews, CEOcircle, Veterans in Residence, Launch Lab Cohort, and a Muster(s) where applicable
- Provide thought leadership, feedback, and support to Bunker Labs national in order to help continual improvement of Bunker Labs programmatic initiatives and experiences
- Serve as representative for Bunker Labs within the region at entrepreneurship and veteran events
Qualifications for Role
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams in a geographically distributed environment
- Set and achieve strategic objectives
- Develop a budget and manage financial compliance
- Exceptional leadership, public speaking, and written communication skills
- Record of success working with stakeholders such as partner organizations, board of directors, local community leaders, general public, and staff
- Ability to recruit, coordinate, and motivate exceptional local volunteer leaders
- Working knowledge of startup ecosystems, entrepreneurship, general business operations, accelerator, and mentorship programs
Type of Experience:
- Highly motivated with some entrepreneurial accomplishments
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Demonstrated experience in financial management and accounting, ideally in the non-profit sector, including legal, compliance, budget, and resource development
- Coaching and staff development
- Familiarity with veteran service organizations and/or entrepreneurship service organizations preferred
- Military experience or military spouse a big plus