Are you passionate about communications? Do you love embracing new challenges and producing results that have a meaningful impact on the world? Are you looking for your next high-impact PR role? If so, Sterling Communications could be a great fit for you.
Sterling isn't a traditional public relations firm. We’re a values-driven company crafting compelling technology stories to share with the press, on social networks, in website content, and through videos. Our employees play a crucial role in helping our clients spread their message to the masses. We achieve this by blending more than 30 years of experience in tech PR with a broad mix of creative services. Our clients, who range from small angel-funded startups to large global enterprises, appreciate how we build and maintain relationships through real, personable interaction and good old-fashioned hard work.
But enough about us. We want to know about you. We're looking for an experienced account director to join our team. The right candidate will have an extensive agency PR background in a health tech-focused environment, excellent writing skills, established media contacts, business development experience, and leadership chops. He or she will value the power of collaboration but also understand the importance of being self-driven. Previous client experience in healthcare, health tech, cleantech, security, cloud-based technologies, or business intelligence is a must.
As an account director at Sterling, you'll lead multiple client accounts, initiate and pitch new business and mentor up-and-coming PR professionals. This is a hand-on strategic role with responsibilities that include:
- Long-term planning, budget management, and accountability
- Integrated (PR, marketing, web, content marketing, and video) program management
- Effective mentoring and coaching of teams in a predominately remote setting
- Maintaining active media and analyst relationships
- Pitching and securing new client accounts with a focus on the health tech and cleantech industries
- Writing and editing diverse PR and marketing content such as white papers, contributed articles, website copy, proposals, and planning documents
- Participating in agency marketing and new business activities
While a passion for communications is a start, we're also looking for candidates with:
- At least eight years of solid agency experience
- A demonstrated track record of positive results
- Experience as a reporter, editor or industry analyst
- Superb communication skills with the ability to translate creative thought into original writing
- Social media experience beyond Facebook and Twitter
- A bachelor's degree in journalism or related communications field
Our office is currently based in Los Gatos, but our team will continue to be remote for the foreseeable future with flex schedules and remote working to continue after California’s SIP order is lifted. The person who fills this role will have a proclivity for team building, professional development, and culture building in our new remote reality.
We strive to create an environment that is supportive, challenging, and fun. With regular agency events, ongoing professional development, and community outreach activities, Sterling puts considerable focus on the professional and personal growth of all team members to help them reach their career goals. We offer competitive salaries, great healthcare plans, flex time off (no cap), 401(k), and have yet to lay off a single employee in our 30+ years.
Sound good so far? There is so much more to learn about Sterling (we haven't even touched on our agency summits yet), so feel free to visit our website (https://sterlingpr.com) and see for yourself if you'd like to grow and succeed with us.
We ask all applicants to submit a compelling cover letter and resume. Candidates without a cover letter will not be considered.