Are you passionate about communications? Do you love embracing new challenges and producing results that have a meaningful impact on the world? Are you looking for your next high-tech PR role? If so, Sterling Communications could be a great fit for you.
Sterling isn't a traditional public relations firm. We’re a values-driven company crafting compelling technology stories to share with the press, on social networks, in website content, and through videos. Our employees play a crucial role in helping our clients spread their message to the masses. We achieve this by blending nearly 30 years of experience in tech PR with a broad mix of creative services. Our clients, who range from small angel-funded startups to large global enterprises, appreciate how we build and maintain relationships through real, personable interaction and good old-fashioned hard work. Listen to what some of them had to say about our team: https://youtu.be/MgUuHg3K46A
But enough about us. We want to know about you. We're looking for an experienced account supervisor to join our team. The right candidate will have an extensive agency PR background in a tech-focused environment, excellent writing skills, established media contacts, new business exposure, and leadership chops. He or she will value the power of collaboration but also understand the importance of being self-driven. Previous client experience in cloud-based technologies, business intelligence, security, IoT, cleantech, and/or healthcare is a must (as is a love for dogs).
As an account supervisor at Sterling, you'll lead multiple client accounts, initiate and pitch new business and mentor up-and-coming PR professionals. This is both a strategic and tactical role with responsibilities that include:
- Long-term planning, budget management, and accountability
- Integrated (PR, marketing, web, content marketing, and video) program management
- Effective mentoring and coaching of teams
- Maintaining active media and analyst relationships
- Utilizing social media tools to help clients engage with key audiences
- Writing and editing diverse PR and marketing content such as white papers, contributed articles, website copy, proposals, and planning documents
- Participating in agency marketing and new business activities
While a passion for communications is a start, we're also looking for candidates with:
- Five to seven years of solid agency experience
- A demonstrated track record of positive results
- Experience as a reporter, editor or industry analyst
- Superb communication skills with the ability to translate creative thought into original writing
- Social media experience beyond Facebook and Twitter
- A bachelor's degree in journalism or related communications field
Our close-knit team is located in Silicon Valley's beautiful Los Gatos. We strive to create an environment that is supportive, challenging and fun. With regular agency events, ongoing professional development, community outreach activities and an open, dog-friendly office, Sterling puts considerable focus on the professional and personal growth of all team members to help them reach their career goals. We offer competitive salaries, great healthcare plans, flex time off (no cap), 401(k) and have yet to lay off a single employee in our 30 years.
Sound good so far? There is so much more to learn about Sterling (we haven't even touched on our agency summits yet), so feel free to visit our website (https://sterlingpr.com) and see for yourself if you'd like to grow and succeed with us.
We ask all applicants to submit a compelling cover letter and resume. Candidates without a cover letter will not be considered.