Sterling Communications is looking for bright, tech-savvy account associates to join our Silicon Valley team. Sterling isn't a traditional public relations firm. We’re a values-driven company crafting compelling technology stories to share with the press, on social networks, in website content, and through videos. Our employees play a crucial role in helping our clients spread their message to the masses. We achieve this by blending our nearly 30 years of experience in tech PR with a broad mix of creative services. Our clients, who range from small angel-funded startups to large global enterprises, appreciate how we build and maintain relationships through real, personable interaction and good old-fashioned hard work. Listen to what some of our employees have to say about working at Sterling: https://youtu.be/L8QIevbaXO8
But enough about us. We want to know about you. The right candidate will have agency PR experience in a tech-focused environment, excellent writing skills, exceptional detail orientation, and a growing interest in technology. He or she will value the power of collaboration, but also understand the importance of being self-driven. Previous client experience in cloud-based technologies, business intelligence, big data/storage, security, mobile, enterprise software, IoT, and/or healthcare is strongly desired (as is a love for dogs).
At Sterling, account associates execute the day-to-day tactics on multiple client accounts and responsibilities often include:
- Building and maintaining media, award, and speaking lists
- Researching and pitching editorial opportunities
- Tracking and reporting on coverage
- Assisting with major campaigns such as product launches, funding announcements, and mergers/acquisitions
- Utilizing social media tools to help clients engage with key audiences
- Drafting PR documents such as press releases, speaking abstracts, and activity reports
While a passion for communications is a start, we’re also looking for candidates with:
- At least one year of work experience, ideally in an agency environment
- A demonstrated track record of positive results
- Superb communication skills and the ability to translate creative thought into original writing
- Social media experience, beyond Facebook and Twitter
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism/PR or related communications field
Our open, dog-friendly office is located in Silicon Valley's beautiful Los Gatos. Our close-knit team strives to create an environment that is supportive, challenging, and fun. With monthly happy hours, themed potlucks, ongoing professional development, and community outreach activities, Sterling puts considerable focus on the professional and personal growth of all team members to help them reach their career goals. We offer competitive salaries, great healthcare plans, 15 days of PTO to start, 401(k), and have yet to lay off a single employee in our nearly 30 years.
Sound good so far? There is so much more to learn about Sterling (we haven't even touched on our agency summits yet). Feel free to visit our website (https://sterlingpr.com) and see for yourself if you'd like to grow and succeed with us.
We ask all applicants to submit a compelling cover letter and resumé. (Resumés received without a cover letter will not be considered.)
We look forward to hearing from you.