Job Title: VP Sales, Operations
Founded in early 2018, PHIflow is a data and technology company combining artificial intelligence and legal expertise to help companies understand their HIPAA Business Associate Agreement (BAA) risks and requirements. Our founders have deep experience in healthcare, technology and strategy. We’re looking for energetic and resourceful team members to help shape our company’s culture and join us on our exciting journey.
Essence of the Role
PHIflow is looking to hire a VP of Sales, Operations to lead our company’s efforts in selling our technology and supporting services within the US Healthcare sector. We are looking for someone who is capable of designing, building and scaling a sales organization for an early stage SaaS company to maximize sales and market presence. The ideal candidate will take a hands-on role working alongside PHIflow’s leadership, product and marketing functions to help build the sales infrastructure from the ground up. This position will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer. As the VP of Sales, Operations you will lead and manage all direct Sales and Sales Operations for PHIflow. This role will have a direct impact on our success!
- Support the commercial go to market strategy for PHIflow’s services and product offering
- Segment and delineate customer classifications for targeted strategies in the US Healthcare market
- Develop and track KPIs to monitor performance of sales team and ensure alignment with PHIflow leadership’s strategic goals
- Hire, develop, and retain sales team
- Build strong sales culture reinforced by sales incentives, processes and enablement
- Create and facilitate sales and training material; create processes for nurturing leads complimented by processes for onboarding of new customers
- Track and report sales metrics by customer segment, forecast monthly direct sales, and manage direct sales pipeline
- Coordinate direct sales initiatives with the marketing and channel sales teams
- Establish processes to maintain alignment with and provide partner feedback to product and technology, marketing and channel sales teams
- Manage potential sales conflicts between direct and channel sales by fostering excellent communication internally and externally
- Engage with leadership and ensure strategic alignment with product development and marketing organizations
- Assist leadership in determining the best use of sales investment to ensure proper planning, management, controls and analysis to drive ROI
This role is best suited for someone with at least 7 years of Sales Operations experience at a B2B SaaS company. The experienced candidate will have worked in Healthcare, Legal, Compliance, HIPAA, Data Security or broader Risk Management industries for multiple years while in a Sales Operations role. This individual has a proven track record in building a sales infrastructure from the ground up and has found success in helping to build a marketing-driven sales pipeline and successfully moving opportunities through the sales cycle; this individual has achieved reaching $2M+ in quotas, consultative solutions or technical sales in a prior role. Experience in building sales teams within an early stage companies is a must. Successful completion of undergraduate studies is required; MBA or additional graduate degrees is a plus and continuous education will be supported.
Why this Role is Compelling
As a startup, all PHIflow team members wear many hats. We expect that the VP of Sales, Operations will as well. This role offers the chance to take part in a very unique and innovative entrepreneurial journey. We are building a diverse team to help us on our mission, where each individual will be a valuable contributor. We value professional development and learning, having an open mind, teamwork and striking the proper Life-Work balance.
PHIflow is an equal opportunity employer and offers salaries commensurate with qualifications and experience, complemented by competitive benefits for all employees. The VP of Sales, Operations role is a full-time position. The VP of Sales, Operations role will be eligible for stock options based on performance.
How to Apply
Email a copy of your resume to email@example.com “VP of Sales, Operations – Your Name” in the subject line. In the body of the email, please introduce yourself and reference how and where you found our Job Description. Please be willing to provide professional references upon request.