Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
PHIflow is a data and technology company combining artificial
intelligence (AI) and healthcare regulatory expertise to accelerate contract
review processes for healthcare organizations. Named to The National Law
Journal’s List of Emerging Legal Technologies in 2020, PHIflow’s contract
analytics platform brings an AI-driven approach to the review and
categorization of critical, often time sensitive contract information driven by
legal, compliance, privacy and information security initiatives. We’re looking
for energetic and resourceful team members to help shape our company’s culture
and join us on our exciting journey.
Essence of the Role
PHIflow is looking to hire a hands-on, experienced Senior Software Engineer with a leadership mindset to lead our engineering team. Reporting to the CTO, you will lead a group of engineers (senior, junior and intern) and are also willing to work hands-on with coding efforts. You will make sure that everyone in engineering has the skills, direction and information needed build and enhance great products. You will work to build a diverse team and inclusive culture that brings out the best in everyone.
This role is best suited for someone with at least 5 years of full-stack engineering experience; someone who started as an engineer and worked towards leading an engineering team.
· Gets-Things-Done Engineering Background: You have a full-stack engineering background working with C# .NET Core, ASP.NET Core for Razor Views and WebAPI, SignalR, SQL, Bootstrap, Vue.js, PouchDB, RxJS, and Azure services. You’ve worked at a start-up or in a fast-moving product organization. You know how to take on big projects and get them done.
· Management Experience: You have spent most of your career as an expert in coding, have been promoted to a manager-role and would like to further develop your managerial skills. You value coaching, mentoring and developing the people on your team.You are both an empathetic manager and a proven team builder.
· Cross-functional Product Experience: You have experience working with cross-functional teams from product management, design, marketing, sales, customer support, etc and know how to collaborate with non-technical teams to get critical products and enhancements out the door.
· Collaborative and Inclusive: You are passionate about creating an inclusive and collaborative culture. You are skilled at helping translate between engineering and other teams and comfortable working across the entire organization.
We have a talented engineering team and looking for a strong coder who is also interested in managing. You will lead the engineers and as the team grows your programming responsibilities will shift more towards managing. You'll be responsible for the engineering team's success by leading engineering efforts, enforcing the best engineering practices and being a resource in resolving issues as they arise. You will provide significant value to recruiting initiatives and be a proactive communicator to aid in the company's overall workflow. You’ll directly manage and mentor the team of engineers and interns, and grow the team as needed.
- Ensure engineers are following high code quality processes. Develop training/onboarding program for everyone that needs it.
- Guide the engineering team to deliver great work. Make sure we have the right people working on projects, that engineering specs and schedules are sound, and that we are on track to meet our goals.
- Improve reliability & consistency by improving internal engineering processes and tools. Work with adjacent teams like Product Management, Marketing, and Customer Support to improve communication and processes between teams.
- Advocate for your team and ensure they have everything they need to do their jobs. Ensure engineer morale is at an all-time high.
Why this Role is Compelling
As a startup, all PHIflow team members wear many hats. We expect that the Senior Software Engineer will as well. This role offers the chance to take part in a very unique and innovative entrepreneurial journey. We are building a diverse team to help us on our mission, where each individual will be a valuable contributor. We value professional development and learning, having an open mind, teamwork and striking the proper Life-Work balance.
PHIflow is an equal opportunity employer and offers salaries commensurate with qualifications and experience, complemented by competitive benefits for all employees. The Senior Software Engineer is a full-time position and will be eligible for performance bonuses and stock options based on performance. Position Start date is ASAP.
How to Apply
Email a copy of your resume to email@example.com “Senior Software Engineer – Your Name” in the subject line. In the body of the email, please introduce yourself and reference how and where you found our Job Description. Please be willing to provide professional references upon request.