The Interactive Advertising Bureau Technology Laboratory (Tech Lab) was established in 2014 to develop technology and standards that enable growth and trust in the digital ecosystem. Key initiatives include ads.txt anti-fraud specification, Open Measurement SDK for viewability and verification and the OpenRTB real-time bidding protocol.
Building on the Tech Lab’s success in the US and Europe, Director, Asia Pacific (APAC) is a unique opportunity to establish the Tech Lab’s regional presence and drive the development of digital standards across APAC through galvanizing Tech Lab and IAB chapter Members.
This is a unique hybrid role that also involves leading the IAB SEA+India’s Working Groups focusing on Brand Safety and Tech Standards. The IAB SEA+India is part of the global IAB Chapter network and represents 7 markets with a mission to drive responsible investment in digital.
This is the ideal role for someone with a keen interest in brand safety, ad fraud, consumer privacy and measurement who thrives on galvanizing industry leaders towards a common goal and industry collaboration driving research, standards, guidelines and thought leadership that represent APAC.
- Establish the Tech Lab as the leading consortium for foundational technology that drives growth and trust in the digital ecosystem
- Leverage your insights of key markets across APAC to develop a prioritized road map for Tech Lab initiatives including new and enhanced products
- Develop the APAC strategy identifying and defining testing and localization to ensure understanding and adoption of Tech Lab standards and software
- Represent the Tech Lab at key events across the region to evangelize and educate driving the adoption of products and software
- Launch and lead Tech Lab Working Groups in key markets galvanizing product and tech leaders from the Tech Lab and IAB Chapter Memberships to inform and develop global specifications and guidelines
- Evangelizing Tech Lab membership benefits to existing and new member companies
- Support and coordinate execution of Tech Lab compliance services in the region
- You will be the first Tech Lab team Member on the ground in APAC and will thrive on establishing the consortium’s presence as well as building profile, demand and appreciation for products and initiatives
- 10+ years in the APAC region with in market experience of key markets including China, Japan, Indonesia, India and Singapore
- Understand and appreciate the key market demands and state of maturity in relation to key digital domains including privacy, measurement, brand safety, programmatic supply chain, video advertising and ad experiences
- Naturally curious and driven to understand complex and emerging technology globally, regionally and locally and leveraging this to inform Tech Lab/Working Group outputs
- Comfortable and confident leading working groups of senior industry players and enjoy all elements of their related project management including strategy, roadmaps, key milestone delivery and all related communications
- Ability to demystify technically heavy conversations and translate key benefits and messages for the wider digital industry
About IAB Tech lab