The Director of Research & Insights is a robust critical thinker with an eye toward opportunity assessments and action planning. The Director of Research & Insights is responsible for developing and executing industry-leading research that will bring new insights to the overall digital advertising ecosystem in the service of IAB's 700+ member companies, legislators, and the public regarding the importance and value of digital advertising. The Director of Research oversees initiatives that span the research universe, issuing market-making reports on digital advertising strategies, effectiveness, measurement, best practices, macroeconomics, ad spending and revenue, public policy, and consumer-facing.
What You'll Do:
● You will report to the Vice President of Research & Insights; and be at the forefront of the digital advertising industry, manage member-driven initiatives and facilitate the creation of high-impact solutions to some of today's most significant challenges facing digital advertising.
● You will work with leaders in media and marketing at major media companies and platforms, brand marketers, agencies, ad tech, and data companies.
● You will scope, develop, and conduct qualitative and quantitative research on digital advertising and marketing best practices, case studies, and trends in developing whitepapers, public presentations, playbooks, and other resources based on the findings.
● You will own projects, manage member constituents and drive studies from conception to completion.
● You will lead IAB's Research Council via programming and execution of the quarterly member meetings.
● You will participate in the development and project management of highly visible, data-dependent initiatives, e.g., economic research on the size of digital advertising and the overall digital ecosystem.
● You will develop and present collateral supporting IAB industry educational and evangelical efforts.
● You will moderate panels, speak at industry events, and disseminate IAB research, data, and perspectives.
● You will assist IAB members and others with questions regarding interactive advertising research and data.
● You will build relationships with market research vendors to facilitate access to their data and insights.
Who you are:
● You are passionate about research and data, but you are also equally passionate about digital advertising.
● You have 5-7 years of direct experience working for a media/content publisher, ad agency, brand, data, and/or market research company in a role directly managing research, data, and insights-driven projects.
● You are fluent in different research methodologies. You have direct experience conducting broad market research and data experience, including the ability to distinguish various methodologies while setting strategic and tactical business needs in the design of custom research, data, and insights-driven projects.
● You get excited when you think about sampling methods and statistical weighting. You have hands-on experience with quant and qual studies, including writing and designing surveys and understanding sampling methods, statistical weighting, and other research methods.
● You have a Strategic mindset. You can think broadly, refine questions, and develop frameworks that drive crucial insights and business recommendations.
● Translating data insights into data narratives is your superpower! You are highly skilled and hands-on in analyzing data to answer study objectives and uncover new insights in developing data-based narratives to be communicated to the C-suite and IAB members for final publication in the form of presentations, whitepapers, bylines, etc.
● Some people get nervous speaking in public, but you are not those people. You love educating and speaking to an audience and have experience presenting insights to large audiences.
● You have a strong awareness and familiarity with the leading market research vendors (e.g., Ipsos, GfK, Forrester, Gartner, Dynata, GfK, Maru/Matchbox, Advertiser Perceptions, Kantar, etc.)
● You know a thing or two about measuring tools. You are familiar with systems and tools related to advertising and traffic measurement (e.g., IAS, MOAT, Double Verify, Prisma, ComScore, Nielsen, etc.), ad serving (DV360, etc.), web analytics (GA, Adobe, etc.), and data visualization / relational databases (e.g., PowerBI, Tableau, SQL, etc.).
● You have hands-on experience with out-of-the-box SaaS survey tools, e.g., Qualtrics, and Survey Monkey.
● You deeply understand the media industry and digital advertising, including data privacy, cookie deprecation, ad fraud, brand safety, CTV/OTT, ad spending/revenue, etc.
● You have cross-platform digital research and data knowledge and experience, including mobile, CTV/video, social, gaming, audio, podcasting, and emerging, including AR/VR, metaverse, etc.
● You are a Rock Start at Project Management! You have proven experience in project management, managing multiple projects simultaneously, and managing multiple constituents—a proactive approach to work is essential.
● You are a proficient communicator with excellent oral/written communication/presentation skills and in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
● You are digitally connected and savvy. You are highly proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, video conferencing platforms (e.g., Zoom), expense management systems (e.g. Expense Watch)
● Big Plus- You had previous exposure to digital media and advertising industries
Why You'll Love IAB:
● We team up. We can promise you'll work with some of the industry's most innovative and interesting people. We work hard, and we have fun too. We care deeply about our work and each other.
● We are purposeful, strategic, and mindful with our decisions, words, and behaviors.
● Everybody sweeps. No task is ever too small for our team. We sweat the details and are not afraid to get our hands dirty.
● We lead the future together and cultivate the action mindset to create it.
● We cultivate curiosity, take risks, learn by doing, and reward future thinking.
● We encourage all voices. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to share their thoughts and ideas. We embrace the idea that debate is healthy and know that an impassioned discourse leads to our best results.
● We stay hungry. We look for the most complex challenges and tasks and once we master them, we look for the next one. We celebrate our victories and are always excited for tomorrow, knowing "good enough" is never really "good enough."
All IAB employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment and, therefore, prior to job offer and hire. Religious and medical exemptions will be provided to the extent required.
The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) empowers the media and marketing industries to thrive in the digital economy. Its membership comprises more than 700 leading media companies, brands, and the technology firms responsible for selling, delivering, and optimizing digital ad marketing campaigns. The trade group fields critical research on interactive advertising, while also educating brands, agencies, and the wider business community on the importance of digital marketing. In affiliation with the IAB Tech Lab, IAB develops technical standards and solutions. IAB is committed to professional development and elevating the knowledge, skills, expertise, and diversity of the workforce across the industry. Through the work of its public policy office in Washington, D.C., the trade association advocates for its members and promotes the value of the interactive advertising industry to legislators and policymakers. Founded in 1996, IAB is headquartered in New York City.
The IAB Global Network brings together 45 national IABs and three regional IABs to share challenges, develop global solutions and advance the digital advertising industry worldwide. IABs are located in North America, South America, Africa, Asia Pacific, and Europe. Each association is independently owned and operated, functioning under bylaws consonant with local market needs.
IAB is a proud equal-opportunity employer. We are a drug-free EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
For more information, please visit https://www.iab.com