The IAB Learning & Development team is an industry resource for professional development by training media professionals and certifying their knowledge. Since 2012, 19,000+ professionals at 1,500+ companies have participated in our professional development programs. We are looking for a Sr. Director, Learning & Development to manage and develop our training and offerings across L&D and DEI. The responsibilities include but are not limited to developing courses for IAB members and the industry, managing the LMS, and auditing content to ensure high quality training content is delivered. You will be responsible for the development of IAB training content with the support of the L&D team, SMEs, and vendors. You will continually dive deep to understand the learning needs, using data and insights to build or adapt learning methods, materials or technology that will support the training outcome for our members. You will strategize on the direction of the overall learning experiences via virtual-led, in-person, e-learning, and blended to ensure we are delivering a positive experience for our members. The ideal candidate must be a self-driven problem solver with a high degree of ownership and have strong business acumen, excellent communication skills, and planning/project management skills.
Responsibilities, include but not limited to:
- Develop curriculum and manage production for online, virtual, and in-person training across all IAB L&D programs
- Lead the design, development, and implementation of components of a continual organization effectiveness and ways of working strategy, including the build and animation of workshops, playbooks, toolkits, and templates
- Utilize L&D technology (Litmos, Articulate, Adobe Creative Cloud) to edit videos, develop training script, and create SCORM-based eLearning
- Collaborate with Vendor Management to review and execute contracts with vendors to operationalize program development
- Negotiate with vendors when finalizing contracts for training scripts, production, facilitation, etc.
- Collaborate with internal and external key stakeholders at all levels to develop content, manage IAB learning and development programs, and identify solutions that support business growth
- Develop and experiment with new learning solutions that align with talent development needs of our members
- Communicate success metrics to measure the performance and impact of L&D/DEI programs with the ability to revise content to address specific feedback, as needed
- Analyze trends, identify gaps, and drive innovation to improve the overall learning experience design, content, delivery methods, and technical learning tools
- Develop strong relationships to various internal and external partners
- Audit training content in the industry to be aware of competitors and provide solutions
- Drive collaboration with peers to share and leverage best practices to architect value-add learning experiences
- 5+ years of industry experience in either the digital advertising and media industries or in learning and development
- Solid understanding of adult learning that combines industry and education experience
- Advanced level knowledge of digital media ecosystem
- Experience with vendor relationships for learning and development
- Deep knowledge of Learning Management Systems and e-learning authoring tools
- Strong project management skills, including project planning, communication, status and issue tracking, and delivery of on-time results
- Self-starter, strong communicator, confident, energetic, positive, focused, dependable, proactive, independent, resourceful, creative, team player and possesses a “can do” attitude.
- Experience with Instructor-led training as well as e-learning teaching and technology, such as Articulate, Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Premiere Pro), Camtasia
- Bachelor’s degree required