DIRECTOR, EXPERIENCE CENTER
Reports to: VP, Experience
The Director XC, will be working to facilitate the development of solutions to some of today’s most significant and interesting advertising industry challenges—establishing a clear roadmap to help marketers evolve and grow brand investment in emerging platforms. The Experience Center is currently focused on growing the advertising marketplace on two emerging platforms: Augmented Reality and Games and Esports. The Director, Experience Center (XC) supports the thought leadership and engagement activities in the Experience Center by:
Thinking strategically about center goals and objectives
- Able to conceptualize and execute projects based on objectives and goals
- Identifies key challenges and opportunities for growth facing interactive advertising in emerging technologies. The Director will work with the VP of Experience and industry leaders to define and execute solutions in the form of industry guidelines and best practices documents, research studies (working with IAB Research team), thought leadership event engagements, technical standards and services (working with IAB Tech Lab) and educational programs (working with IAB Learning & Development team).
Supporting the Center
- Able to research and summarize the current market, key issues, challenges and opportunities in the areas of emerging technology
- Skilled at creating decks to present a narrative: Able to construct a narrative and communicate that in verbal and written format (in prose and in PowerPoint presentation style)
- The Director will support the VP, XC on the smooth running of the IAB Experience Center, a part of IAB’s Editorial Department. The Director will oversee select IAB committees and working groups comprised of industry members committed to addressing key issues, serving both leadership and organizing roles to help the committees achieve their goals.
Being a thought leader
- Stays informed and on the pulse of core areas (emerging trends in digital advertising, Augmented Reality, Games and Esports, Web 3.0) and adjacent areas.
Job responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Support the VP in the running of the Experience Center – must have good verbal and written communication skills and be adept at preparing decks for presentations and meetings.
- Able to research and convey the current marketplace statistics to stay up to date on knowledge of the relevant marketplaces.
- Identification of prioritized specific challenges and opportunities that will benefit from industry cooperation and articulation of proposed solutions.
- Organization of relevant IAB committees and councils, including setting individual committee objectives, balancing diverse interests and views, developing short-term and long-term project plans, keeping projects on track, and implementing communications and adoption strategies. The Director will work closely with IAB’s Program Management Organization to integrate the Center’s activities with the rest of IAB.
- Working with IAB Tech Lab to translate business requirements in these areas into the case for the establishment of standards and services and to help promote successful adoption. Similarly, work with IAB’s Research team to inform research studies and with IAB Learning & Development to inform educational offerings.
- Development of market-making white papers, best practices documents, blog posts, social media posts, and other thought pieces that help improve the working of emerging technologies in the advertising ecosystem.
- Working with the rest of the Editorial department as well as the Events team to help program and manage IAB’s regular tentpole events (the Annual Leadership Meeting, the NewFronts/Podcast Upfronts, and Disruption Week).
- Organizing and hosting town halls, committee meetings, and working group meetings ranging in size from 10-100 people. Currently held virtually, but with an expectation that face-to-face events will return post pandemic.
- Participation in other industry events—speaking as well as organizing—to promote IAB initiatives, gather industry input into IAB priorities, etc.
- Ability to summarize key issues and opportunities: Ability to assess the digital landscape and identify key opportunities / challenges by priority
- Ability to present a narrative: Ability to construct a narrative and communicate that in verbal and written format (in prose and in PowerPoint presentation style)
- Ability to critically think about core issues: Ability to research and synthesize issues from a range of sources and stakeholders and brainstorm with the team to improve the rigor of our strategy and thinking
- Ability to work with senior stakeholders: Demonstrated capacity to convene, manage and lead large groups— ensuring all voices are heard but with an ability to drive to consensus and action.
- Excellent organizational skills, ideally demonstrated in strategy development, thought pieces (white papers, infographics, webinars, etc.) or research.
- At least 4 years of experience in digital project/account management, business strategy, business development, publisher sales, or directly relevant operations with a technology-first focus.
- Strong knowledge of the media and advertising industries, especially the digital advertising ecosystem. Experience with local marketing is preferred. E-commerce background a plus. Orientation toward business development/revenue generation.
- Ability to deal with both the big picture and the small details while successfully multitasking.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Should be comfortable speaking in front of small and large groups.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Graduate degree preferred.
All IAB employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment and, therefore, prior to job offer and hire. Religious and medical exemptions will be provided to the extent required.
The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) empowers the media and marketing industries to thrive in the digital economy. Its membership comprises more than 650 leading media companies, brands, and the technology firms responsible for selling, delivering, and optimizing digital ad marketing campaigns. The trade group fields critical research on interactive advertising, while also educating brands, agencies, and the wider business community on the importance of digital marketing. In affiliation with the IAB Tech Lab, IAB develops technical standards and solutions. IAB is committed to professional development and elevating the knowledge, skills, expertise, and diversity of the workforce across the industry. Through the work of its public policy office in Washington, D.C., the trade association advocates for its members and promotes the value of the interactive advertising industry to legislators and policymakers. Founded in 1996, IAB is headquartered in New York City.
The IAB Global Network brings together 45 national IABs and three regional IABs to share challenges, develop global solutions and advance the digital advertising industry worldwide. IABs are located in North America, South America, Africa, Asia, Asia Pacific and Europe. Each association is independently owned and operated, functioning under bylaws consonant with local market needs.
IAB is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
For more information, please visit https://www.iab.com.