The Senior Product Manager, Software is a unique opportunity to be at the center of pivotal changes to the digital advertising industry and lead development of collaborative software foundations for addressing privacy, addressability, ad fraud and measurement. This role will work on shaping the future of supply chain transparency by working on the Transparency Center, cross media measurement with Open Measurement SDK and lead and evangelize Industry Open Source software development and collaborative tools. The person in this position will report into the Sr. Director, Product Management and will be based in CA, WA, or able to commute to the NYC office.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Building software products and utilities to support adoption of technical standards
- Maintaining and evangelize open source code repositories to support shared industry efforts
- Managing development and support of Open Measurement SDK and work with the Open Measurement Working group to maintain the SDK roadmap and backlog
- Managing Transparency Center releases and features.
- Actively working to assess and evaluate new opportunities and develop the IAB Tech Lab product portfolio
- Supporting compliance team to help build automation for compliance services to improve efficiency and effectiveness of compliance processing
- Work with as well as create and develop industry working groups to understand requirements and gain consensus
- Work with Engineering to develop use cases and create core methods for software development and release processes
- Work with Marketing for distribution of new and enhanced products
- Socializing the product benefits to both IAB Tech Lab staff and IAB Tech Lab members.
Experience, Requirements and Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of Product and/ or Program management experience in digital advertising industry or closely related environment
- In depth understanding of product management process- developing PRDs, building roadmaps, writing user stories
- Experience and knowledge of working with web technology. Working with mobile platforms – iOS and Android is nice to have
- At least 2 years of experience communicating opportunity assessment and product benefits to company leadership and other audiences. This should include experience both in person and through the creation of documentation and delivering content over web conferences
- Experience or knowledge of patents, collaborative standards setting, and internet privacy and security are considered a plus.
- Project Management experience a plus.
More specifically, this individual must possess many, if not all, of the following characteristics:
- Intellectual curiosity and drive to understand complex and emerging technology.
- Professional confidence in a variety of networking situations.
- Clarity in communication, and the tools to make themselves understood by a wide range of audiences.
- Readily develop credibility in technical work environments.
All IAB Employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment and, therefore, prior to job offer and hire. Religious and medical exemptions will be provided to the extent required.
About IAB Tech lab
Established in 2014, the IAB Technology Laboratory (Tech Lab) is a non-profit consortium that engages a member community globally to develop foundational technology and standards that enable growth and trust in the digital media ecosystem. Comprised of digital publishers, ad technology firms, agencies, marketers, and other member companies, IAB Tech Lab focuses on solutions for brand safety and ad fraud; identity, data, and consumer privacy; ad experiences and measurement; and programmatic effectiveness. Its work includes the OpenRTB real-time bidding protocol, ads.txt anti-fraud specification, Open Measurement SDK for viewability and verification, VAST video specification and Project Rearc for identity addressability, data accountability and consumer privacy.\. Board members/companies are listed at https://iabtechlab.com/about-the-iab-tech-lab/tech-lab-leadership/. For more information, please visit https://iabtechlab.com