The Director, Product Management Experiences at IAB Tech Lab is a unique opportunity to steer the digital advertising industry towards building delightful ad experience for cross media video, Connected Television (CTV), mobile devices and audio advertising including podcasts. This role will lead the development of collaborative and shared industry standards and software like VAST, SIMID, MRAID, Podcast metrics and other related work and develop interoperable technology foundations that power the consumer experience of advertising. The role manages development of guidance on programmatic delivery of video and audio advertising to support IAB Tech Lab product portfolio across Cross Media Video/ Connected Television, Audio and mobile experiences. The ideal candidate should be available to work from San Francisco, CA, Washington state, or New York City office.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Leading industry working groups to create specifications and guidelines
- Working with other product owners to resolve cross dependencies of specifications.
- Defining and build software products and tools to support adoption of technical standards.
- Actively working to assess and evaluate new opportunities and develop the IAB Tech Lab product portfolio including industry open source projects
- Supporting compliance team to help build automation for compliance services to improve efficiency and effectiveness of compliance processing
- Engaging with, creating, and developing industry working groups to understand requirements and build consensus
- Working with Engineering to develop use cases and create core methods for software development and release processes
- Maintaining repositories of standards schemas and code bases
- Working with Marketing for distribution and adoption of standard specifications and best practices
- Socializing foundational concepts of Ad Technology and the product benefits to both IAB Tech Lab staff and IAB Tech Lab members.
Experience, requirements, and qualifications:
- 5-10 years of product management and/or program management experience in digital advertising industry
- In-depth understanding of product management processes
- Experience and knowledge of working with web technology. Working with mobile platforms – iOS and Android is nice to have.
- At least 2-5 years of experience communicating opportunity assessment and product benefits to company leadership and other audiences. This should include experience in person through the creation of documentation, and by delivering content via web conferences.
- Experience with internet privacy and IAB Tech Lab standards for compliance with regulations like GDPR and CCPA is preferred.
- Experience with CTV/OTT devices and video technology is a plus
- Experience with podcast hosting and management services is a plus
- Experience or knowledge of patents and collaborative standards setting are a plus.
project management experience is a plus.
More specifically, this individual must possess many, if not all, of the following characteristics:
- Intellectual curiosity and drive to understand complex and emerging technology
- Professional confidence in a variety of networking situations
- Clarity in communication, and the tools to make themselves understood by a wide range of audiences
- Readily develop credibility in technical work environments
All IAB Employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment and, therefore, prior to job offer and hire. Religious and medical exemptions will be provided to the extent required.
About IAB Tech Lab
Established in 2014, the IAB Technology Laboratory (Tech Lab) is a non-profit consortium that engages a member community globally to develop foundational technology and standards that enable growth and trust in the digital media ecosystem. Comprised of digital publishers, ad technology firms, agencies, marketers, and other member companies, IAB Tech Lab focuses on solutions for brand safety and ad fraud; identity, data, and consumer privacy; ad experiences and measurement; and programmatic effectiveness. Its work includes the OpenRTB real-time bidding protocol, ads.txt anti-fraud specification, Open Measurement SDK for viewability and verification, VAST video specification, and DigiTrust identity service. Board members/companies are listed at https://iabtechlab.com/about-the-iab-tech-lab/tech-lab-leadership/. For more information, please visit https://iabtechlab.com.