The Events & Community Manager will focus on building, expanding, and managing events (online & in-person), peer-to-peer (P2P) fundraising programs including athletic events, and recurring donation programs. As a vital member of the Development Team, this person will play a critical external role in the expansion, planning, production and execution of all fundraising-oriented events. The position will also focus on recruitment, management and growth of community engagement and recurring donor programs, including our athletic fundraising community (Reach Athletes) and student groups (Reach Leadership).
This position will be supervised by the Director of Development . This position will be part of a team responsible for meeting the annual fundraising targets for events and programs.
Key responsibilities include:
Event Planning and Management:
- Collaborate with the Development Team to establish and meet annually assigned events-related fundraising goals.
- Strategize, collaborate with Development and organizational leadership and execute on growing the revenue from the current line up of annual events while developing and planning for new event-related opportunities.
- Act as lead on all projects and events (both internal and external), managing the process from conception through execution and follow-up.
- Liaise with all event related vendors, partners, and participants to ensure an excellent experience and fundraising goals are met
- Create detailed event plans, recruit, oversee logistics and the timely execution of tasks for all fundraising oriented events.
- Act as Family Reach spokesperson at events to effectively communicate the organization’s mission, increasing awareness, and community engagement.
- Work in collaboration with the Marketing & Communications team to develop and execute a comprehensive marketing campaign for all events.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit new and recurring corporate partner gifts and sponsorships with Family Reach through written and verbal communications with the goal of achieving and surpassing event revenue targets.
- Prioritize and create an annual budget and timeline for each program.
- Complete ongoing analysis of each event and program, integrating updates to strategy, outreach, and implementation as needed.
- Meet or exceed revenue targets as they relate to in-person, virtual, athletic events, and recurring donation programs.
- Work in collaboration with the Communications Department to improve and grow participation, revenue and returning revenue from the ‘In-memory/In-honor program’.
- Work in collaboration with the Family Reach Family Relations team to respectfully integrate patients and families into community/membership programs when appropriate.
- Organize and manage vital external relationship information on Salesforce CRM, keeping records up-to-date and accurate
- Act as an integral member of the Development team in support of the team’s annual goals and objectives.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit corporate partner gifts and sponsorships with Family Reach through written and verbal communications with the goal of achieving and surpassing revenue targets for digital campaigns.
Peer-to-Peer Recruitment and Management:
- Lead our Peer-to-peer athletic and leadership programs by recruiting for events and managing the day-to-day working of the programs.
- Provide resources and support to program participants to ensure fundraising goals are met.
- Demonstrate a meaningful and impactful connection to the Family Reach mission for our community members.
- Provide exceptional support to each team and their participants in their direct outreach, stewardship and fundraising efforts.
- Develop a tangible sense of community within these groups and our growing network nationwide.
- Identify opportunities for recruitment to community / membership programs through existing Family Reach events when appropriate.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in fundraising, event management , development and donor management
- Ability to represent Family Reach externally with senior-level executives from corporate partners
- Experience with email campaigns, social media reach, and scheduled touch points to amplify programs
- Willingness to travel both locally and across the country
- Superior writing, oral communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong planning, logistics management, and organizational skills
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and events
- Ability to develop strong relationships with community members of all ages and backgrounds
- Solutions-oriented with proven success working independently and as part of a team Mission-driven with a passion for Family Reach’s core values
- Salesforce or other CRM experience a plus
COMPENSATION: The salary range for this position is $50,000-$60,000. Family Reach offers an attractive benefits package, including, but not limited to, an annual performance bonus, medical, dental, vision, retirement plan, and generous vacation and leave policies.