Communications ManagerPOSITION OVERVIEW:
The Communications Manager assists in ensuring that the Family Reach mission is promoted both internally and externally on all possible media and advertising channels. The Communications Manager works closely with the Director of Communications and the Communications team on consistent messaging, tone, and creative communication opportunities.
The Communications Manager will also be involved in promoting the awareness of the LiFT Network through advertising, media, conferences, and other possible networking connections.
This is a role that requires networking skill and the ability to think creatively on their feet. Priority is always to push out the Family Reach mission and the Financial Treatment Program to existing and new audiences.
The Communications Manager needs to be able to handle social media account listening/responding, writing press releases, and prep Family Reach leadership for media interviews from print to video to audio.
Finally, the Communications Manager will work with the communications team, as well as cross departmentally when appropriate, on website content that can include copy, imagery (design and photos), and providing insight on user experience on the website.
The ideal candidate will have a balanced skill set that includes organization, creativity, and networking ability. The position requirers knowledge and experience in Google Analytics, digital marketing, social media, and media relations.
The Communications Manager reports to the Director of Communications.
- Help manage Family Reach’s press release strategy for both website-specific and wire-specific releases
- Assist in finding opportunities to promote Family Reach Leadership, Directors, and Managers through various media that can include podcasts, traditional media, speaking engagements, videos, etc
- Create and manage media kits
- Create/Maintain media relations database and regularly communicate with the group to provide Family Reach story ideas and pitches
- Pitch to media (local, regional, national) regularly throughout the year based on the communication plan mapped out by Director of Communications
- Managing strategic responses to real-world events as it pertains to the organization’s mission
- Collaborate with Family Relations Manager on family story pitches for media and featuring families in various communications both internal and external
- Review website, social media and digital advertising analytics with the Director of Communications to gain insight on online behavior and who is engaging with the brand
- Assist with management and recruitment of Cause Marketing campaigns in coordination with the Development Department, specifically the Director of Partnerships, as well as help manage the General Store landing page
- Manage the organization’s CEO’s Op-Ed Schedule
- Review external communications with the Director of Communications
- Provide innovative ideas to raise awareness of Family Reach’s mission and its solutions for families
- Work with the Senior Marketing Manager in managing our social media accounts in terms of listening and responding to real world events and/or campaign events and/or random mentions. The Senior Marketing Manager will retain social medial marketing messages that are pre-scheduled
- Managing Press Release strategy for both internal and external messaging
- Writing press releases on a regular basis to promote campaigns, events, and initiatives
- Maintain regular contact with media and aim to create a robust list of contacts
- Create and maintain template media prep kits for anyone speaking to members of the media
- Assist in conference prep for members of staff. This can include review of decks used for brand positioning and suggestions for family stories and/or data
- Work with the Impact Department to promote internal and external data that either promotes the organization or provides insight into the problem of financial toxicity
- 1-3 years experience in communications
- Experience in working with media contacts on a local, regional, and national level
- Highly creative and able to pivot for the sake of creative solutions and/or ideas
- Superior communication skills
- Must be an excellent writer
- Ability to network in various environments
- Experience in cold calling/emailing to expand professional network
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Google Search Ads, and Digital Advertising an added plus
- Some background in Digital Marketing
- Understanding in brand management
- Ability to communicate in multiple mediums (text, video, graphic design, audio)
- Excellent pubic speaking and presentation skills
- Familiarity with Adobe Cloud specifically Premiere Pro and/or Rush, preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Solutions-oriented; eager for ongoing learning and self-improvement in the role
- Passion for Family Reach’s mission