Director of Development
Family Reach is experiencing tremendous growth and is looking for an experienced development team manager to serve as its Director of Development. Reporting to the Vice President of Development, the Director of Development will be responsible for managing the development team’s day-to-day functions as well as identifying and implementing systems and procedures to support the maximization of our fundraising efforts. In addition to managing in-house staff and processes, the Director of Development will contribute to the organization’s fundraising plans and strategies with the Sr. Leadership Team, while also playing a significant role in major gifts.
The Director of Development will supervise four team members: Senior Events Manager, Senior Manager Donor Relations, Peer-to-Peer Community Manager, and Development Coordinator. They will assist the VP of Development with improving internal processes to allow the Development team to work as a cohesive unit. This person will work closely with the Partnerships team, a team responsible for corporate partnerships and grant writing.
- Ensure that the development team maintains the highest level of communication and cooperation while building long-term relationships with external constituents
- Coordinate weekly Development team meetings.
- Identify staffing needs, interview candidates, and onboard new personnel
- Oversee department activities related to ongoing day-to-day fundraising efforts
- Assist the VP of Development with planning and organizing regular departmental retreats to keep strategic departmental initiatives moving forward
- Collaborate with Marketing & Communications team to support fundraising activities
- Identify areas to grow revenue for the organization, working diligently to both capitalize on the available opportunities and sustain the projected organizational growth
- Report on program progress to senior leadership
- Oversee the development budget and monitor expenses
- Manage systems and software to track and cultivate donors and prospects, including our donor database and wealth screening tools
- Manage a pool of leadership and major gift prospects including identifying, cultivating, soliciting and closing gifts from top prospects.
- Communicate fundraising goals throughout the organization and equip team members to reach them
- Oversee and solicit individual participants to ensure target numbers are met for fundraising special events
- Maintain long-term relationships with existing donors
- Identify and build relationships with new and prospective donors
- Develop and execute the annual fundraising plan with the goal of meeting annual targets
- Help our donors accomplish their philanthropic goals and ambitions through a relationship with our organization
- Generate new ideas that increase revenue and donor loyalty
- 7+ years demonstrated successful fundraising experience required
- Previous management experience required
- Successful management of a prospect pool required
- Demonstrated experience with all aspects of an individual giving program a plus
- Familiarity with the cancer space a plus
- Strong track record of meeting and exceeding revenue targets
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communications skills and political acumen to establish and maintain good working relationships within all organizational levels
- Significant strategic planning experience and ability to conceive, design, implement, evaluate and manage account programs and strategies
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, problem solving, negotiation and marketing skills