At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? It turns out you can. So we did. We make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
Our products are sold in 11,000+ natural and traditional grocery stores nationwide, and we are growing by leaps and bounds. Our investors include Bill Gates, the Twitter founders, Seth Goldman (founder of Honest Tea), and a host of prominent VCs.
We’ve recently developed and launched—to sell-out demand—The Beyond Burger. It’s a plant-based, raw-beef style burger that looks, cooks, and tastes so similar to beef it’s being sold in the meat section of the grocery store. That’s an industry first. The Beyond Burger is the opening bid in our Future of Protein vision, whereby we’re inviting retailers and consumers to reimagine the “meat section” of the grocery store as the “protein section” where plant-based meat lives side by side with animal-based meat.
The Lab Technician’s primary responsibility is collecting samples from production, preparing samples, and conducting specified tests according to standard protocols. This person would maintain sample traceability from production through final product result, report testing results, and request additional samples as needed while maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collect daily product samples from production facilities.
- Prepare and conduct lab testing for finished products, raw materials, trial products, as well as environmental samples.
- Maintain sample and testing material traceability by documenting lot numbers being tested and used.
- Ensure lab inventory is properly maintained and supplied.
- Record and communicate lab results to the plant management team.
- Perform additional testing as needed.
- Contribute to development and review of standard operating procedures for the lab.
- Assist with training of new team members as needed.
- Additional responsibilities as required.
- Education: Bachelors of Science degree in Food Science or Microbiology preferred, or an equivalent combination of training and relevant work experience may be considered
- Specialized Knowledge: Experience as a QA Tech
- Skills: The employee must have the ability to quantitatively review technical procedures and representative regulations. In addition, must be capable of writing detailed reports, and general day-to-day oversight and related correspondence.Strong mathematical skills. Excellent problem solving and project management skills
- Abilities: Strong PC skills, includes MS Office
- Other characteristics: Excellent interpersonal, communication, problem solving and organizational skills; self-motivated and highly organized
- Experience: 2 to 3 years of experience in a food and/or beverage manufacturing environment
- Rotating Shift: 1st, 6:00 am - 6:30 pm
Must be able to repetitively lift heavy objects up to 50 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodations
Hourly Rate Commensurate with experience
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.