At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? It turns out you can. So we did. We make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
Our products are sold in 11,000+ natural and traditional grocery stores nationwide, and we are growing by leaps and bounds. Our investors include Bill Gates, the Twitter founders, Seth Goldman (founder of Honest Tea), and a host of prominent VCs.
We’ve recently developed and launched—to sell-out demand—The Beyond Burger. It’s a plant-based, raw-beef style burger that looks, cooks, and tastes so similar to beef it’s being sold in the meat section of the grocery store. That’s an industry first. The Beyond Burger is the opening bid in our Future of Protein vision, whereby we’re inviting retailers and consumers to reimagine the “meat section” of the grocery store as the “protein section” where plant-based meat lives side by side with animal-based meat.
The Operations Team of Beyond Meat™ is looking for an outstanding individual to join the team located in El Segundo, CA. The Process Engineer’s primary role is to bring products from bench-top to full-scale volumes. The role includes working with R&D and Manufacturing teams to create, optimize, launch, and sustain new products.
- Assessing, identifying and developing manufacturing equipment and process solutions for new products and market plans
- Understanding and identifying technology and equipment that isthe bestfit for required solutions
- Develop cost estimates, schedules, execution and startup budgets and plans for activities
- Oversight of equipment negotiation, purchase, installation, and commissioning
- Documentation of line capabilities and processes
- Ensure quality and food safety by building quality control into processes
- Fundamental project management skills to develop robusttimelinesand cost estimates for initiatives
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders and collaborate cross-functionally
- The position will require travel to facilities as well as vendor and customer locations across North America Travel estimated to be 25-50%
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical Engineering,Food Science, or related science
- 10 years experience in a Food/Beverage and/or Biotech company
- Multiple roles that have been both plant and corporate based with an emphasis on production and R&D
- Demonstrated ability to lead manufacturing scale-up projects in food/beverage
- Significant experience working with Food or Biotech R&D teams and facilities
- Depth in quality systems such as HACCP, GMP, SQF
- Proficient in MS Office suite (particularly Excel, Word, andPowerPoint), MS Project and AutoCAD or comparable applications
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required
- Travel varies, up to50%
Salary Commensurate with experience
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.