At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? It turns out you can. So we did. We make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
We recently developed and launched—to sell-out demand—The Beyond Burger. It’s a plant-based, raw-beef style burger that looks, cooks, and tastes sosimilarto beef it’s being sold in the meat section of the grocery store—an industry first. Our break-through products are carried in nearly 20,000 natural and traditional grocery stores nationwide, as well as 4,000+ restaurants, hotels, and college campuses. Our investors include Bill Gates, the Twitter founders, Seth Goldman (founder of Honest Tea), and a host of prominent VCs.
- Collaborate with Brand Management team to drive the product launch projects, which includes but not limited to gathering requirements, defining scope, creating estimates, planning resources, developing a schedule, and tracking progress.
- Understand interdependencies of various functional departments, develop a project plan that’s achievable by the collective project team.
- Drive project execution and closely monitor progress; ensure project milestones are met; Actively manage risk mitigation and issue resolution.
- Analyze changes to scope/requirements/timeline, and assess impact to the project delivery.
- Lead project kickoff meetings, weekly/daily project team meetings and working meetings as needed.
- Effectively communicate with the management team on project status.
- Understands business problems and opportunities, and document current state and future state process flow diagrams. Facilitate process streamlining where appropriate.
- Work with internal technical teams to recommend solutions that meet business objectives.
- Lead change management as needed.
- 3-5 years of experience as a Project Manager on large, cross-functional projects dealing with complex process areas
- Bachelors degree or above in a relevant field from an accredited institution
- Proficient in Smartsheet, Powerpoint, and Excel
- Experience in the Food and Beverage industry a plus.
- Willingness to travel 10% of the time
- Must be a self-starter; must be able to drive projects and resolve issues independently
- Must be collaborative, flexible, and be a team player
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and communication skills; value open communication
- Must be able to lead in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Willingness and ability to take ownership and initiatives, and willingness to take guidance from senior staff. This trait is essential to succeed in this role.
- Experience in brand/product launch, Marketing, or Supply Chain area a plus
- PMP certification a plus
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.