At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Whycan’t you build meat directly from plants? It turns out you can. So we did. We make plant-based meatsthat allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about thehealth, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting changeto the plate—and Beyond.
We recently developed and launched—to sell-out demand—The Beyond Burger. It’s a plant-based, raw beefstyle burger that looks, cooks, and tastes so similar to beef it’s being sold in the meat section ofthe grocery store—an industry first. Our break-through products are carried in nearly 20,000 natural andtraditional grocery stores nationwide, as well as 4,000+ restaurants, hotels, and college campuses. Ourinvestors include Bill Gates, the Twitter founders, Seth Goldman (founder of Honest Tea), Jack & SuzyWelch, Leonardo DiCaprio, Kleiner Perkins, and other venture capital firms.
The Cost Accounting Manager will be based in Columbia, MO at our manufacturing facility and report tothe VP of Finance. The position is responsible for reporting, control, and analysis of operations in theareas of inventory, costing/reporting, purchasing, capital tracking and maintaining the ERP costing system. Positional goals include maintaining physical inventory and bill of materials accuracy.
- Bill of materials set up for new products
- Maintaining bill of materials accuracy for new products
- Annual review of all products to set product costs as part of the budget process
- Planning and collecting usage and cost data to determine accurate product costing
- Analyzing cost data to determine product sales margins
- Analyzing changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost
- Assist in new product development by providing product cost analysis
- Distribute inventory and cost reports to manufacturing or other departments and perform ad-hoc reporting as requested
- Providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting costs and profitability of products or services.
- Maintaining Cost Accounting function in our NetSuite ERP System.
- Assisting in month end close of the general ledger with regards to inventory and cost
- Assist with annual audit process regarding all inventory, costing and fixed assets issues
- Assist Operations with physical inventories and cycle count program as requested
- Reconciles raw materials, work in process finished goods inventories to the General Ledger
- Assist with tracking the capital projects financial activity, including tracking of expenditures
- Minimum of 4 solid years of Cost Accounting or financial management in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or Operations
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty
- Must have a strong cost systems background and have excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principles.
- Computer Literate – Strong Excel skills and the ability to use Outlook and Word
- Experience with an ERP
- Experience working with manufacturing personnel on development and analysis of cost standards
- Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Ability to prioritize and plan work effectively in a lean, decentralized accounting environment with strict deadlines is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and presentation abilities are preferred.
- Ability to anticipate and adapt to constant change in a dynamically growing business environment is preferred.
Frequent sitting at a desk, communication-using computer and phone. Ability towalk the plant floor daily. Lifting not to exceed 25 lbs.
Offices within the Columbia, MO plant.
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.