At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? It turns out you can. So we did. We make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
Our products are sold in 11,000+ natural and traditional grocery stores nationwide, and we are growing by leaps and bounds. Our investors include Bill Gates, the Twitter founders, Seth Goldman (founder of Honest Tea), and a host of prominent VCs.
We’ve recently developed and launched—to sell-out demand—The Beyond Burger. It’s a plant-based, raw-beef style burger that looks, cooks, and tastes so similar to beef it’s being sold in the meat section of the grocery store. That’s an industry first. The Beyond Burger is the opening bid in our Future of Protein vision, whereby we’re inviting retailers and consumers to reimagine the “meat section” of the grocery store as the “protein section” where plant-based meat lives side by side with animal-based meat.
The Shipping and Receiving Specialist under the direction of the warehouse supervisor, continuously picks, lifts, carries and places product into a pallet to accurately build customer orders in various temperature environments. Moves product into a trailer or storage unit, is responsible for visually inspecting incoming and outgoing warehouse products to determine acceptability for shipment and/or receiving of product.
- Reads labels and or printing on product containers and associated documents. Counts and calculates quantity of product to verify accuracy of shipment
- Must be able to consistently meet company safety, accuracy and productivity standards. Steps into the driving position and uses full range of peripheral vision to operate a forklift or pallet jack in an accident-free manner
- Uses brooms, mops and other cleaning materials (including solvents and soaps) to clean work area. Completes any other functions that may be assigned
- Able to communicate with inbound and outbound drivers
- Able to work in & out of freezer
- Able to inspect and complete trailer inspections documentation
- Manually able to stretch wrap pallets (continuously walking around a pallet with a roll of stretch film)
- Forklift experience a plus, certification preferred
- Basic proficiency in mathematics
DIVISION APPLICATION OF RESPONSIBILITIES (% OF THE TIME)
Essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- 20 % Lifts, carries and picks product
- 15 % Reads labels and associated documents and counts and calculates using math
- 20 % Inspects incoming and outgoing product
- 75 % Operates forklift and pallet jack
- 100 % Cleans work area
- Completes any other function that may be assigned
DIVISION OF APPLICATION OF RESPONSIBILITIES (% OF THE TIME)
- Vision - continuously - 100% of the time
- Hearing - continuously - 100% of the time
- Handling - continuously - more than 66% of the time
- Under 10 lbs - continuously - more than 66% of shift
- 10-25 lbs - continuously - more than 66% of shift
- 26-50 lbs - frequently - 34% - 66% of shift
- Pushing - occasional - less than 34% of the time - Maximum: pushing force 50lbs
- Pulling - occasional - less than 34% of the time - Maximum: pulling force 50lbs
- Walk - continuously - more than 66% of shift
- Stand - continuously - more than 66% of shift
- Sit - occasionally - less than 34% of the time
- Bend - frequently - 34% - 66% of shift
- Kneeling - occasional - less than 34% of the time
- Crouching occasional - less than 34% of the time
- Crawl - occasional - less than 34% of the time
- Twist - continuously - more than 66% of the time
- Balance - frequently - 34% - 66% of shift
- Reaching - frequently - 34% - 66% of shift
- Coordination - this job requires both upper and lower extremity coordination
- Endure working in a cold environment and experience temperature changes
- Shift: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Rotating Shifts
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear. Specific vision requirements of this job include near, distance, and depth perception. Continuous mental and visual attention is required.
Hourly Rate Commensurate with experience
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.