At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? It turns out you can. So we did. We make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein.Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
Our products are sold in 11,000+ natural and traditional grocery stores nationwide, and we are growing by leaps and bounds. Our investors include Bill Gates, the Twitter founders, Seth Goldman (founder of Honest Tea), and a host of prominent VCs.
We’ve recently developed and launched—to sell-out demand—The Beyond Burger. It’s a plant-based, raw-beef style burger that looks, cooks, and tastes so similar to beef it’s being sold in the meat section of the grocery store. That’s an industry first. The Beyond Burger is the opening bid in our Future of Protein vision, whereby we’re inviting retailers and consumers to reimagine the “meat section” of the grocery store as the “protein section” where plant-based meat lives side by side with animal-based meat.
The Warehouse Supervisor has the primary role to develop and implement an end-to-end logistics strategy for the company, including written policies and procedures for all operation. Establish strong relationships with cross-functional groups and individuals to ensure that Logistics and Distribution get aligned with their particular objectives, and to enlist their support in participating in supply base improvement efforts. Develop the overall distribution, warehousing, and logistics strategy, identifying and evolving best practices and transforming the organization to be more efficient and effective.
- Arrange and manage end-to-end transportation for customer orders and warehouse transfers
- Obtain competitive bids and select carrier partners for new customer transportation lanes
- Responsible for invoice accuracy related to Distribution & Logistics
- Develop and manage a supplier scorecard identifying benchmarks and tracking for continuous performance improvem ent in quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs Conceptualize and execute cost savings initiatives
- Oversee inventory control of raw materials and packaging to support production schedule (including frequent cycle counts and periodic physical inventory counts)
- Implement timelines and priorities for shipping (order filling needs, delivery expectations etc.)
- Manage rollout and maintenance of warehouse scanning system
- Develop and lead improvement projects and solutions. (warehouse and freezer set up, material flow, transportation, inventory, cycle counting, planning, etc
- Set multi-channel inbound and outbound transportation strategy based on service level required, cost targets, growth plans, sales strategy, and distribution strategy
- Measure and improve cost and performance of all transportation providers and periodically evaluate company’s transportation needs
- Manage relationships and negotiate pricing with current small parcel carriers and transportation brokers
- Implement scheduling and tracking services provided by transportation brokers to reduce the amount of manual work required by internal team
- Collaborate with Customer Service to understand customer feedback on shipping and implement improvement initiatives accordingly
- Stay current on industry trends in transportation and communicate potential financial and operational impact
SUPERVISORY:Will supervise as many as 8 - 12 Shipping & Receiving Specialist
- Experience with cold-chain products preferred
- 3+ year of Transportation and Warehousing experience in a medium or large size company
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of distribution, transportation, warehousing, cold chain, freight management, budgeting, people management, project management
- Lean/Six Sigma training and experience a plus
- Continuous Improvement/Lean skills
- Experience in Food Safety and Audits
- Food & Beverage experience preferred
- Forklift Certified preferred
- Proficiency in NetSuite or other ERP Systems
- Proficiency in Excel
- Bachelor's degree in, Supply Chain, Logistics, Business Administration, Engineering or related field preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear. The employee uses computer, telephone, and office equipment. Specific vision requirements of this job include near, distance, and depth perception. Continuous mental and visual attention is required.
Salary Commensurate with experience
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.