At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? It turns out you can. So we did. We make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
Our products are sold in 11,000+ natural and traditional grocery stores nationwide, and we are growing by leaps and bounds. Our investors include Bill Gates, the Twitter founders, Seth Goldman (founder of Honest Tea), and a host of prominent VCs.
We’ve recently developed and launched—to sell-out demand—The Beyond Burger. It’s a plant-based, raw-beef style burger that looks, cooks, and tastes so similar to beef it’s being sold in the meat section of the grocery store. That’s an industry first. The Beyond Burger is the opening bid in our Future of Protein vision, whereby we’re inviting retailers and consumers to reimagine the “meat section” of the grocery store as the “protein section” where plant-based meat lives side by side with animal-based meat.
The Quality Assurance Technician has the primary role to ensure that all food products produced meets requirements of regulatory bodies, customers, and the Company. The Quality Assurance Specialist files all documentation related to direct food production, product packaging and labeling, food quality, food safety, etc. This position is responsible to establish and maintain the “system” under which the Company operates. This position may provide backup for the Quality Assurance Manager based on needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Authentication, oversight, document preparation, and final validation of Company HACCP plan, SSOP’s, Third Party Certifications, SOP’s, Product Specifications, Regulatory and other related programs (Internal Audits, GMPs, SPC, Job Instructions)
- Required to provide all external auditors with needed materials and information, follow- up via written responses where applicable and coordinate supplemental plant visits
- Manage microbiological control program for Company, driving improvement and efficiencies
- Maintain highly specific weight and ingredient monitoring system that meets requirements for all food labeling and auditing programs
- Confirm the shelf-life of frozen packaged products shipped to customers
- Verify attributes of cooked products
- Prepare and test finished product, raw materials, and/or environmental samples for analysis
- Assist with shipping and receiving by reviewing COA’s, incoming raw materials and outgoing finished products
- Work with QA Manager on proactively improving quality assurance program
- Education: Bachelors of Science degree in Food Science or Microbiology preferred, or an equivalent combination of training and relevant work experience
- Specialized Knowledge: Experience as a QA Tech
- Skills: The employee must have the ability to quantitatively review technical procedures and representative regulations. In addition, must be capable of writing detailed reports, and general day-to-day oversight and related correspondence.Strong mathematical skills. Excellent problem solving and project management skills
- Abilities: Strong PC skills, includes MS Office
- Other characteristics: Excellent interpersonal, communication, problem solving and organizational skills; self-motivated and highly organized
- Professional Certification: HACCP Certified preferred
- Experience: 1 year of experience in a food and/or beverage manufacturing environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Local travel to various worksites is required
- Rotating Shift: 2nd, 6:30 pm - 6:00 am
- Night Shift Differential will be offered for this position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear. The employee uses computer, telephone, and office equipment. Specific vision requirements of this job include near, distance, and depth perception. Continuous mental and visual attention is required.
Hourly Rate Commensurate with experience
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.