At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? It turns out you can. So we did. We make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
Our products are sold in 11,000+ natural and traditional grocery stores nationwide, and we are growing by leaps and bounds. Our investors include Bill Gates, the Twitter founders, Seth Goldman (founder of Honest Tea), and a host of prominent VCs.
We’ve recently developed and launched—to sell-out demand—The Beyond Burger. It’s a plant-based, raw-beef style burger that looks, cooks, and tastes so similar to beef it’s being sold in the meat section of the grocery store. That’s an industry first. The Beyond Burger is the opening bid in our Future of Protein vision, whereby we’re inviting retailers and consumers to reimagine the “meat section” of the grocery store as the “protein section” where plant-based meat lives side by side with animal-based meat.
We are seeking a Human Resources Assistant to join our growing organization. In this position, you will provide administrative support of day-to-day human resource operations. An organized, detail-oriented work ethic is a must. This is an excellent learning opportunity for candidates interested in pursuing a career in human resources.
- Answer phones and greet visitors
- Assist with job postings, recruiting, applications, interviews, and orientations
- Coordinate with a temp agency
- Assist employees and supervisors with the basic interpretation of Company policies and procedures
- Maintain confidential personnel files and personnel actions
- Point of contact for vending service and issue refunds as needed
- Encourage and build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among employees
- Assist and represent Beyond Meat at company and community events
- Assist the Manager with HR projects
- A high level of confidentiality and integrity
- Eager to learn and assist all team members when needed
- Eager to solve problems, motivated, impeccable follow through
- Superb written and spoken communication skillsin English
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Attention to detail, organized, and efficient in daily tasks
- High school diploma or equivalent required, plus one year of office/clerical support experience
- Previous HR experience
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, administrative services or a related field, or extensive experience in human resources, as an assistant, administrator, or in a clerical position
- General knowledge of employment law, best practices, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training, and preventive labor relations
- Two or more years of office experience in a manufacturing environment
- SHRM or PHR certification
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear. The employee uses a computer, telephone, and office equipment. Specific vision requirements of this job include near/distance and depth perception. Continuous mental and visual attention is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Local travel to various worksites is required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Hourly Rate commensurate with experience
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.