At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? It turns out you can. So we did. We make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love, while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
Our products are sold in 11,000+ natural and traditional grocery stores nationwide, and we are growing by leaps and bounds. Our investors include Bill Gates, the Twitter founders, Seth Goldman (founder of Honest Tea), and a host of prominent VCs.
We’ve recently developed and launched—to sell-out demand—The Beyond Burger. It’s a plant-based, raw-beef style burger that looks, cooks, and tastes so similarly to beef it’s being sold in the meat section of the grocery store. That’s an industry first. The Beyond Burger is the opening bid in our Future of Protein vision, whereby we’re inviting retailers and consumers to reimagine the “meat section” of the grocery store as the “protein section” where plant-based meat lives side by side with animal based meat.
This a full-time position, reporting to the Sr. Director of Process Engineering, to design, test, and implement packaging designs that are an integral part of the organization’s Product Development process. They also review and improve existing packaging designs. This individual will work with internal resources and packaging suppliers to achieve functional packaging goals.
- Design and manage packaging specifications
- Design, test and implement packaging of new products that meets customer/consumer expectations, cost, and quality
- Plan and execute packaging quality improvement and cost reduction for existing products
- Run all packaging tests (shake, drop, etc.) as needed
- Design, manage and run R&D packaging lab
- Support operations on packaging based projects, troubleshoot manufacturing problems
- Collaborate with suppliers on packaging materials, formats and machinery related issues
- Lead packaging function in multifunctional project teams
- Provide technical support to R&D, Marketing, Supply Chain, QA and Operations
The Process Engineering team is looking for an outstanding individual to join Beyond Meat at the company’s HQ in El Segundo, CA. The ideal candidate has both strong analytical skills to evaluate market trends and consumer preferences, and strong strategic and creative skills to develop products that match that demand. This is a fast-paced role and requires individuals to manage multiple projects simultaneously while working across company functions with many different people and teams.
REQUIREMENT & QUALIFICATIONS
Education: BS or MS degree in Packaging Engineering
Travel: up to 20%
- 2 -5 Years of relevant experience in packaging development in Food, R&D, and manufacturing environments.
- Packaging Software skills: Cape, Tops, Artios CAD, CAD, etc
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment with minimal direct supervision and strong demonstrated leadership, interpersonal and self-initiative skills that promotes collaboration with facility functions
- Strong verbal / written communication skills, analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to influence others
- Excellent analytical, organizational and multi-tasking skills, as well as the ability to interact and collaborate successfully with all levels and functional areas
Salary Commensurate with experience
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.