At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? It turns out you can. So we did. We make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love, while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
We recently developed and launched—to sell-out demand—The Beyond Burger. It’s a plant-based, raw-beef style burger that looks, cooks, and tastes so similarly to beef it’s being sold in the meat section of the grocery store—an industry first. Our break-through products are carried in nearly 20,000 natural and traditional grocery stores nationwide, as well as 4,000+ restaurants, hotels, and college campuses. Our investors include Bill Gates, the Twitter founders, Seth Goldman (founder of Honest Tea), and a host of prominent VCs.
The Experiential Tour Manager will play an influential role within the Beyond Meat Field Marketing Team, helping to promote and push the limits of what field marketing teams can achieve. The Tour Manager’s primary role will be to provide expertise and guidance around vehicle operations, food preparation, scheduling, maintenance, permitting and logistics. This position will be responsible for program management of the Beyond Meat Food Truck, including driving, maintenance, cooking, and scheduling. The position will collect and share key learnings, best practices, and present efficiencies as we expand into and develop new territories. This position reports the National Field Marketing Manager.
• Operating, Maintaining, and Driving the Beyond Meat Food Truck
• Oversight of calendar / scheduling, transportation timelines, mechanical records, and local parking / storage
• Managing the kitchen, including maintaining a clean and sanitary environment based on local government regulations
• Developing Food Truck menu, ordering food, and managing daily relationship with commissary
• Working closely with the National Field Marketing Manager, Regional Field Marketing Managers, Sales Team, Social Media Manager, and Retailers to establish and implement successful marketing programs, campaigns and materials to profitably increase market share for Beyond Meat
• Manage budget allocation for Food Truck program, in relation to organization scorecard goals and activation expectation
• Capture social and digital content
o Photos / Video for Instagram and Facebook Story
o Photos across all social platforms
o Occasionally go live on Facebook / Instagram
• Work as point of contact for influencers, athletes, chefs, and ambassadors as they join us on the truck
• Identify opportunities to improve consumer experience
• Other related duties as assigned
• Experience operating and maintaining a branded marketing vehicles
• Experience in food preparation, serving, and sanitation
• Must live in Los Angeles, CA
• Education: BA degree with 2+ years of experience in Field Marketing
• 2 -5 Years of relevant CPG marketing experience
• Demonstrated consumer-led mindset, while also able to take other stakeholders’ perspective (shopper, retail partner, BYMT management, etc.)
• Strong planning, project management, analytical, communication, and presentation skills. Fluency with MS Word, Excel, & PPT a must.
• Detail-oriented, extremely organized, and able to juggle multiple tasks in a timely manner, with minimal supervision.
• Ability to establish good relationships and credibility with store managers, customers, and brokers; excellent managing time, priorities and expenses
• Creative problem-solver and strategic thinker who bring passion, enthusiasm and fresh ideas
• Team player and flexible.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Communication-using computer and phone, with potential for significant travel (3-4 weeks/month). Ability to lift 50+ lbs
Salary Commensurate with experience
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.