At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? It turns out you can. So we did. We make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they lovewhile feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
We recently developed and launched—to sell-out demand—The Beyond Burger. It’s a plant-based, raw-beef style burger that looks, cooks, and tastes so similarto beef it’s being sold in the meat section of the grocery store—an industry first. Our break-through products are carried in nearly 20,000 natural and traditional grocery stores nationwide, as well as 4,000+ restaurants, hotels, and college campuses. Our investors include Bill Gates, the Twitter founders, Seth Goldman (founder of Honest Tea), Jack & Suzy Welch, Leonardo DiCaprio, Kleiner Perkins, and other VCs.
The Material Handler is an entry level manufacturing position for the production team. The Material Handler plans a key role in the production line and process, maintains a safe and productive workplace, packs and aids in the making, preservation,and shipping of Beyond Meat products.
- Follow safety, food safety and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) beyond regulatory needs
- Daily operating activates for producing finished goods while maintaining a safe, high quality, productive manufacturing environment.
- Support management in development and process improvement activities
- Responsible for specific productive equipment based on training provided
- High School Diploma or GED
- Problem-solving skills
- Excellent comprehensive and communication skills while performing individually in a team environment
- Ability to work 12-hour shifts ad every other weekend
- Flexibility to work any/all shifts to support a high growth work environment. Mandatory overtime is required on occasion.
- Ability to understand and follow rules of safety and Good Manufacturing Practices
- Teamwork and a positive attitude essential to maintain a culture of cooperation and respect
- Punctual and dependable
- Attention to detail
- Food manufacturing experience preferred
Physical Demands: Must be able to repetitively lift heavy objects up to 50 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodations
Work Environment: Warehouse and production manufacturing environment within the Columbia, Missouri plant
$12.50 hourly rate