At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? It turns out you can. So we did. We make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love, while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
This a full-time position, reporting to the Director of Quality located at our manufacturing facility in Columbia, Missouri. The Quality Assurance Tech has the primary role to ensure that all food products produced meet requirements of regulatory bodies, customers, and the Company. The Quality Assurance Tech files all documentation related to direct food production, shipping and receiving, product packaging and labeling, food quality, food safety, etc. This position is responsible to establish and maintain the “system” under which the Company operates.
· Verify attributes of cooked products such as sensory, net weights, texture, microbial data and allergens.
· Prepare and test finished product, raw materials, and/or environmental samples for analysis.
· Assist with shipping and receiving by reviewing COA’s, incoming raw materials and outgoing finished products.
· Provide paperwork and print labels for production as needed.
· Verify raw materials, ingredients and finished goods on hold.
· Serve as back up to production floor QA Tech.
· Work with QA Manager on proactively improving quality assurance program.
The Quality team is looking for an outstanding individual to join Beyond Meat at the company’s manufacturing facility in Columbia, Missouri. The ideal candidate must have the ability to quantitatively review technical procedures and representative regulations. In additional, must be capable of writing detailed reports and general day-to-day oversight and relate correspondence, must have strong mathematical skills and excellent problem solving and project management skills. This is a fast-paced role and requires individuals to manage multiple projects simultaneously while working across company functions with many different people and teams.
· Education: Bachelors of Science degree in Food Science or Microbiology preferred, or an equivalent combination of training and relevant work experience.
· Specialized Knowledge: Experience as a QA Tech preferred.
· Skills: The employee must have the ability to quantitatively review technical procedures and representative regulations. In addition, must be capable of writing detailed reports, and general day-to-day oversight and related correspondence.
o Strong mathematical skills
o Excellent problem solving and project management skills
· Abilities: Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
· Other characteristics: Excellent interpersonal, communication, problem solving and organizational skills; self-motivated and highly organized.
· Experience: 2 to 3 years of experience in a food and/or beverage manufacturing environment.
· Team player and flexible.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodations.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The QA Tech position requires the following break out of a typical day: 50% warehouse and production duties and 50% desk/office and lab duties with some computer use.