The HR Recruiter reporting to the HR Manager is responsible for all aspects of recruiting personnel: recruiting, screening and recommending placement of staff by using creative sourcing methods (internal and external). The recruiter must possess considerable skill in interviewing techniques, a good knowledge of all specialized functions in the company including production and manufacturing, and an extensive knowledge of personnel policy and procedure and federal and state laws regarding employment practices.
· Partners with HR Manger to determine staffing needs. Processes job requisitions.
· Full execution of the recruitment process (including job posting, phone interviewing, job interviewing, regular communication with candidates and managers) including the recruitment administration
· Screens resumes, interviews candidates (by phone or in person), administers appropriate assessments and reference/background checking, makes recommendations for hire (or not hire) and delivers employment offers for both exempt and nonexempt position openings.
· Manages posting of job vacancies. Develops pool of internal and external talents. Follows up with candidates and hiring managers to obtain feedback regarding recruiting process.
· Conducts employment verifications.
· Extends verbal and written contingent job offers.
· Coordinates background checks.
· Maintains employee referral program.
· Conducts exit interviews with terminating employees.
· Partners with PEO to process unemployment claims and provides company representation at unemployment hearings.
Qualifications & Competencies:
· Bachelor Degree in human resources preferred and 5 recruiting experience.
· Experience in a fast paced startup or high tech environment and multi-site environment
· Must have proven experience and knowledge in recruitment, state and federal employment laws.
· Travel 10-15% of the time.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, critical evaluation, relationship management, business acumen, cultural awareness
· Strong team spirit.
· Ability to communicate across state borders, cultures and hierarchies.
· Exposure to working with PEOs preferred, but not required.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, smartphones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and scanners.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Compensation commensurate with experience. Salaried position with stock options.