The Human Resources Manager, reporting to the Vice President of Finance, guides and manages the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies, and programs for the entire Company. In doing so, the key outputs of the role will be in supporting the Company’s business objectives/goals and managing risks. As a member of the leadership team, this role supports the Company in all areas of HR including risk, organizational design, employee development, talent review, performance management, assessment and selection, employee relations, compensation processes, company culture, etc. that will ensure optimal employee engagement, retention, and a high-performance culture.
· Ensure safety of the workforce.
· Serve as the key liaison with Company and its Professional Employer Organization (PEO) and lead efforts to driving a strong, sustainable and more diverse culture, better managing risks and optimizing the broader business goals.
· Develops organization strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues, contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to organization strategic thinking and direction establishing human resources objectives in line with organizational objectives.
· Ensure all policies, procedures, employee classifications, etc., are up to date and are legally compliant.
· Identify gaps and drive improvements to the Company’s HR policy and procedures, i.e. Employee handbook, annual review process, on-boarding, travel & expenses, paid time off, etc.
· Develop compensation doctrine including career ladders for the Company.
· Supervise payroll and benefits programs currently overseen by PEO and recommend and implement more optimal solutions based on current trends, if applicable.
· Function as a business partner, strategic solution provider, advisor and counselor for the team to plan and implement programs to meet human resource requirements supporting short-term and long-term business needs.
· Recruit, interview, and select employees to both (i) fill vacant positions in a timely and cost effective manner and (ii) identify future needs based on business goals.
· Handle employee personal requests and issues in a customer-oriented and efficient manner.
· Implement and administer the performance review program and the annual incentive program to ensure effectiveness, compliance and equity within the organization.
· Support management in issues related to conflict, performance issues and termination, and lead HR correspondence related to litigation over employee matters.
· Lead and improve training and development related processes, to include identification of training need, design, delivery and evaluation of development programs.
· Maintain and ensure compliance of all key confidential records of business (i.e. employee records, invention assignment agreements, confidentiality agreements, non-disclosure agreements, etc.).
· Work with management on future space planning needs.
· Provide and create reports on data such as number of employees, absenteeism, turnover, cost per hire, organizational charts, etc. Recommend and drive to solutions based on observations from the data.
· Bachelor Degree and broad experience in HR: minimum of 10 years’ progressive HR experience helping build teams in a fast paced, startup R&D/biotech or high tech environment, with experience in a multi-site organization.
· Must have proven experience and knowledge in all aspects of the position: recruitment, administrative, state and federal employment laws and performance and implication tools.
· Labor Relations management expertise.
· Travel 10-15% of the time.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Strong team spirit.
· Ability to communicate across state borders, cultures and hierarchies.
· Exposure to working with PEOs preferred, but not required.
· Exposure to scale-up manufacturing preferred.
Physical Demands: In the performance of the duties, the employee will be required to travel, drive a vehicle, and conduct office activities including communicating using a phone and computer, etc.
Commensurate with experience. Salaried position with stock options.