At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can't you build meat directly from plants? It turns out you can. So we did. We make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of traditional dishes they love while feeling great about health, sustainability and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring change to the plate and BEYOND.
The Kitchen Prep will help the Kitchen Manager in the kitchen located in downtown El Segundo with the preparation of new food samples for others to test. This individual must approach all tasks in a meticulous and careful manner with little margin of error.
- Measure, weigh and mix specific recipe ingredients in a very precise and careful manner
- Maintain sanitation, health and safety standards in the work area. Clean and sanitize work areas i.e. counters, refrigerator and stove
- Wash pots, pans, and dishes, cooking utensils and other cooking tools; put away in designated cupboards
- Keep prep space clean and tidy. Follow all sanitation and quality policies and procedures and report and deficiences
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Experience: some food handling experience, pastry experience a plus
- Professional Certification: Safe Serve Certification
- Understands and follows written and verbal instructions
- Flexible in a fast paced environment
- Standing 90% of the time while in the kitchen
- Frequent bending and lifting
- Lifting items not exceeding 20 lbs.