At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? It turns out you can. So we did. We make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love, while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
We recently developed and launched—to sell-out demand—The Beyond Burger. It’s a plant-based, raw-beef style burger that looks, cooks, and tastes so similarly to beef it’s being sold in the meat section of the grocery store—an industry first. Our break-through products are carried in nearly 20,000 natural and traditional grocery stores nationwide, as well as 4,000+ restaurants, hotels, and college campuses. Our investors include Bill Gates, the Twitter founders, Seth Goldman (founder of Honest Tea), and a host of prominent VCs.
This entry level position supports rapid prototyping, quality control, and sensory studies for the R&D division in El Segundo, CA. The Kitchen Prep Assistant will assist the Sous Chef with the preparation of new food samples for others to test. This individual must approach all tasks in a meticulous and careful manner with little margin of error. Successful candidates will gain industry experience in a technical sector of the food industry, build their knowledge of food functionality, interact with researchers of various fields, and hone their communication skills.
- Measure, weigh and mix specific recipe ingredients in a very precise and careful manner
- Maintain sanitation, health and safety standards in the work area. Clean and sanitize work areas i.e. counters, refrigerator and stove
- Wash pots, pans, and dishes, cooking utensils and other cooking tools; put away in designated cupboards
- Keep prep space clean and tidy. Follow all sanitation and quality policies and procedures and report and deficiences
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Experience: some food handling experience, pastry experience a plus
- Professional Certification: Safe Serve Certification
- Understands and follows written and verbal instructions
- Flexible in a fast paced environment
- Standing 90% of the time while in the kitchen
- Frequent bending and lifting
- Lifting items not exceeding 20 lbs.
- Lab Kitchen