At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? It turns out you can. So we did. We make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love, while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein.
Our products are sold in 11,000+ natural and traditional grocery stores nationwide, and we are growing by leaps and bounds. Our investors include Bill Gates, the Twitter founders, Seth Goldman (founder of Honest Tea), and a host of prominent VCs.
We’ve recently developed and launched—to sell-out demand—The Beyond Burger. It’s a plant-based, raw-beef style burger that looks, cooks, and tastes so similarly to beef it’s being sold in the meat section of the grocery store. That’s an industry first. The Beyond Burger is the opening bid in our Future of Protein vision, whereby we’re inviting retailers and consumers to reimagine the “meat section” of the grocery store as the “protein section” where plant-based meat lives side by side with animal based meat.
This a full-time position, reporting to the Director of Marketing, that will oversee development and activation our Future of Protein influencer program and work with our PR agency and Social/Digital manager to deliver key messaging through earned and owned media. You will play an integral role in our efforts to build a brand consumers love, leverage influencers to assert a cultural influence, and drive key business objectives, e.g., awareness and trial of new products.
· Oversee our Future of Protein influencer program
o Recruit new athlete and celebrity ambassadors to the program
o Negotiate ambassador agreements and manage ongoing agent/athlete relationship
o Onboard athlete and agents to BYMT brand and our key messaging; share regular brand and business updates with ambassadors
o Oversee ambassador activation
§ Provide product, coupons, and swag to facilitate integration of BYMT product and brand into ambassador lifestyle and encourage ambassador advocacy for BYMT
§ Work with ambassador, agent, and agency partners to develop compelling, share-worthy content
§ Manage content approval process
§ Work with Social/Digital Mgr. and agents to drive social sharing of content
§ Develop with Social/Digital Mgr. plans for paid support for content distribution
§ Coordinate speaking and sampling events for ambassador
§ Work with BYMT PR’s firm to generate earned media coverage around ambassador and their use of BYMT products.
§ Ensure ambassador/agent fulfillment of agreement
· Manage relationship with BYMT’s PR firm and overarching effort to generate influential earned media that drives toward key business objectives
o Drive, track, and report on progress against 2017 key PR strategies and tactics
o Ensure messaging is on-point
o Vet media opportunities proposed by PR firm
o Drive PR activation of athlete ambassadors
o Recommend and develop tools to support media outreach and engagement
o Host media visits to BYMT
· Work closely with Social/Digital Mgr to develop owned and paid media strategies and tactics
o Use BYMT’s website, social media, newsletter, blog to grow and engage BYMT’s consumer base
o Oversee development and deployment of a steady stream of on-point, compelling, share-worthy content
o Ensure a well coordinated messaging across our Influencer program, PR outreach, owned platforms and other media.
· Education: BA degree with 5+ years of experience in Communications, spanning PR, influencer/ambassador activation, and social/digital marketing, ideally for a consumer packaged goods firm in the natural foods space.
· Media savvy – you’ve worked with a public relations firm to manage corporate communications (or equivalent experience working directly with media).
· Experience managing an influencer/ambassador program, negotiating agreements, working with agents and talent, activating ambassadors through compelling content and events.
· Social/Digital savvy – you’ve led or overseen development of social media content calendar and digital marketing plans.
· Strategic and creative development chops – you’re comfortable taking strategic communications objectives and then working with an agency (or other creative) to develop on-point content for consumer engagement. You have strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media
· Thrives in fast-paced, evolving environment where scrappy resourcefulness is critical
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint
· Ability to manage and organize multiple projects
· Team player and flexible.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Frequent sitting at a desk, communication-using computer and phone. Lifting not to exceed 25 lbs.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: 40 hour/week, office environment, some travel possible.
COMPENSATION: Competitive compensation based on qualifications and experience level, bonus, stock options.