Field Marketing Manager
At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? It turns out you can. So we did. We make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love, while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
Our products are sold in 11,000+ natural and traditional grocery stores nationwide, and we are growing by leaps and bounds. Our investors include Bill Gates, the Twitter founders, Seth Goldman (founder of Honest Tea), and a host of prominent VCs.
We’ve recently developed and launched—to sell-out demand--The Beyond Burger. It’s a plant-based, raw-beef style burger that looks, cooks, and tastes so similarly to beef it’s being sold in the meat section of the grocery store--an industry first. It’s the opening bid in our Future of Protein vision, whereby we’re inviting retailers--and consumers-- to reimagine the “meat section” of the grocery store as the “protein section” -- where plant-based meat lives side by side with animal based meat.
This a full-time position, reporting to the Director of Marketing, that will build and oversee a field marketing team at Beyond Meat. This position will sit in our head office in El Segundo, CA. We’re looking for a candidate who knows the ropes of field marketing and can help us create a world-class team of passionate brand ambassadors to represent Beyond Meat’s products in stores among consumers and build relationships with key store personnel, ensuring our brand has the attention and support it deserves.
· Design and build out our field marketing organization
o Hire full-time regional field managers
o Oversee regional field managers hiring of store-level ambassadors
o Establish and continually refine clear, simple processes for how the team functions, work is organized, and success is measured.
· Manage team of regional field managers responsible for:
o Field marketing, merchandising, and sales support
· Provide in-field training and support for each field manager
· Work with Director of Marketing to establish quarterly field marketing team business objectives and performance metrics
· Drive execution of field priorities, sampling goals, and related reporting
· Manage a divisional budget for: product, supplies, travel
· Plan, coordinate, and manage our 3rd party demo agency (Busy Bee)
· Plan, execute, and track success of sampling events
· Highly-organized and self-starting work style
· Experience leading a field marketing team a big plus
· Education: BA degree with 4+ years of experience
· 2 -5 Years of relevant CPG marketing experience
· Demonstrated consumer-led mindset, while also able to take other stakeholders’ perspective (shopper, retail partner, BYMT management, etc.)
· Strong planning, analytical, communication, and presentation skills. Fluency with MS Word, Excel, & PPT a must.
· Detail-oriented, extremely organized, and able to juggle multiple tasks in a timely manner, with minimal supervision.
· Team player and flexible.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Sitting at a desk, communication-using computer and phone, with potential for significant travel (1-2 weeks/month). Lifting not to exceed 25 lbs.
COMPENSATION: Competitive compensation based on qualifications and experience level, bonus, stock options.