Director of Sales, Fresh
Department: Field Sales
At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? It turns out you can. So we did. We make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love, while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
Our products are sold in 11,000+ natural and traditional grocery stores nationwide, and we are growing by leaps and bounds. Our investors include Bill Gates, the Twitter founders, and several well know VCs.
We’ve recently developed and launched—to sell-out demand--The Beyond Burger. It’s a plant-based, raw-beef style burger that looks, cooks, and tastes so similarly to beef it’s being sold in the meat section of the grocery store--an industry first. It’s the opening bid in our Future of Protein vision, whereby we’re inviting retailers--and consumers-- to reimagine the “meat section” of the grocery store as the “protein section” -- where plant-based meat lives side by side with animal based meat.
Beyond Meat, a leader in Plant Based Protein is seeking a dynamic Director of Sales to develop its growing fresh business in the US. This role requires the ability to manage Broker Partners to accomplish objectives and to lead and develop a strong sales team. Key retail channel responsibilities include Conventional Grocery, Mass and Natural. All business activities must be done in a way that underscores the social mission of Beyond Meat brands.
- Recruit, develop, and lead a high performing sales team to achieve maximum results
- Develop annual customer business in partnership with Trade Marketing. Align Beyond Meat brand strategies with customer business strategy to maximize growth and profitability.
- Direct and monitor all aspects of trade promotion to ensure maximum impact.
- Manage Broker partner sales execution and scorecard their performance against MAPS objectives.
- Develop strategic customer relationships.
- Leverage value added selling to advantage Beyond Meat.
- Champion in-store excellence for Beyond Meat.
The ideal candidate will have experience in managing key US retailers, and experience selling value added protein in a fact based manner. Demonstrated success in team leadership, budget management, business planning and strategic account penetration at senior levels is required. The Director of Sales will demonstrate leadership, flexibility, diplomacy, and facilitation skills in working with all team members and external partners. Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) are essential in this role.
Education & Experience:
- BA/BS required.
- 10+ years of CPG/Natural Organic sales experience in Key Account Sales, Trade Marketing and Broker Management required. Experience selling value added protein preferred.
- Demonstrated team development and leadership
- Experience selling to key accounts at both a buyer and senior level.
- Strong strategic skills with experience in annual business planning.
- Strong analytical skills: syndicated data analysis (IRI & Spins) and budget management.
- Fact Based selling strategies
- Post promotion analysis.
- Strong PC skills including MS Office.
- Very strong team player, ability to work with cross-functional teams to get results.
- Passion for natural and organic products.
- Ability to travel 35 – 45%.
This position is home based; the ideal candidate will reside in US metro market.
Compensation & Rewards
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered, including stock options, a 401K program, and comprehensive insurance coverage. Beyond Meat, Inc. offers a professional working environment that promotes teamwork, creativity, and supports individual growth.